• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Renovate/Collect/Project

JRs

We are located in the Ragged Mountains of Colorado. We are in forward motion on the homestead. One of the pieces of equipment that is for sale is a 1968 Thiokal - 200 6-cylinder HDI. Has great running gear. Glass and gauges are intact. Needs tires and tracks. 36-inch tracks. asking $10K
IMG_7793.JPG

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just over the hill from you in the Crystal Valley. You should be able to sell that machine.

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Based on the one photo you have, I would be willing to bet that at least some of the track components are salvageable, if not all. When you say “HDI”, what are you referring to? My guess is someone drove it to that parking spot, and there it sat for an extended period of time, facing the southern hemisphere where the sun took its toll on the paint.

Last edited:

JRs

I'm just over the hill from you in the Crystal Valley. You should be able to sell that machine.
I have had some calls on this thiokal. These guys want to come and look it in the next few days. We will see what happens.

JRs

his HDI is heavy duty industrial i think. looks like a late model 1200 'A'. what year is the D4 in the background? is it for sale also?
Yes, you are right about the Heavy Duty Industrial. The D4 is a 1956, The engine is great, the pony motor also great. The tracks are good. Needs work on the sprockets on the main drive. This dozer still runs. It is also for sale asking $4K

JRs

We are located in the Ragged Mountains of Colorado. We are in forward motion on the homestead. One of the pieces of equipment that is for sale is a 1968 Thiokal - 200 6-cylinder HDI. Has great running gear. Glass and gauges are intact. Needs tires and tracks. 36-inch tracks. asking $10KView attachment 144907
😊

JRs

Based on the one photo you have, I would be willing to bet that at least some of the track components are salvageable, if not all. When you say “HDI”, what are you referring to? My guess is someone drove it to that parking spot, and there it sat for an extended period of time, facing the southern hemisphere where the sun took its toll on the paint.
Yea, the tracks are probably somewhat salvageable. This snow cat has been a part of our ranch for a long time. We trammed it to this spot a couple years ago. Went through the carburetor and cleaned all the fuel lines with aviation fuel. Runs great. Yes it is at the shop which is on the south side.

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, the tracks are probably somewhat salvageable. This snow cat has been a part of our ranch for a long time. We trammed it to this spot a couple years ago. Went through the carburetor and cleaned all the fuel lines with aviation fuel. Runs great. Yes it is at the shop which is on the south side.
Are you at the Bar ZX? That's some beautiful country.

JRs

his HDI is heavy duty industrial i think. looks like a late model 1200 'A'. what year is the D4 in the background? is it for sale also?
Good morning everyone hey Gronkthesnowman where did you go man, I could see you were in Salida and then you were gone.