• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reid says he won't bring budget to floor this year

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Talk about the "do nothing congress" . :hammer:

reid_2.jpg

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has said he would not bring a budget to the floor for a vote this year, the Hill reports, which would make this the third straight year without such a resolution.
"We do not need to bring a budget to the floor this year — it's done, we don't need to do it," Reid said.
Though Senate Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., said he expects his committee to produce a budget document, Reid said he wouldn't bring it to the floor.
His argument is that last summer's debt ceiling deal already set the spending levels for the year, so there's no need to pass a resolution that is non-binding anyway. Money is typically spent during the year through the appropriations process.
The problem with this explanation is that Democrats have spent a year trashing the House-passed budget authored by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis. as balancing the budget on the backs of the poor, and have called for a more balanced approach. Yet neither President Obama nor the Democratic Senate has put on paper a budget that accomplishes the same ends through different means.
In a document that was scored by the CBO, Ryan showed that lawmakers could balance the budget and put the nation on a sustainable fiscal course without raising taxes. Obama and Democrats have said they supported a "balanced approach" that would include a combination of tax hikes and spending cuts. But beyond speeches, they have not released an actual detailed plan that can be evaluated by the CBO to produce the same budgetary savings as Ryan's plan does.
As I wrote in my column yesterday, when Obama releases his budget a week from Monday, it will be his last chance to live up to his promise of wanting to be the type of leader that made tough choices.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...d-says-he-wont-bring-budget-floor-year/358036

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah why should he, remember the super committee, if no agreement they already had one setup to take effect. It will cut 1.5 trillion form the current budget and Obama has said he will veto any attempt to get around it with out ligitment proposials. Hence the budget has already been set by both houses. Now they have to live with it.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah why should he, remember the super committee, if no agreement they already had one setup to take effect. It will cut 1.5 trillion form the current budget and Obama has said he will veto any attempt to get around it with out ligitment proposials. Hence the budget has already been set by both houses. Now they have to live with it.
Because its his job and what he was elected to do. :rolleyes:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Because its his job and what he was elected to do. :rolleyes:

As I said it was already put to a vote before they formed the super committee the budget was decided. Now they want to change it and he says no what was decided will stand. You wanted cuts now you will get them big time. Oh and be prepared for all the tax cuts to expire and the budget for defences will be about 600 billion instead of the 550 that the defence wanted.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

No sir. That was for the LAST budget. And you are mistaken about the 1.5 Trillion in cuts. They are not cutting that from the 2011 budget but from spending over the NEXT 10 YEARS.

Every year the house is charged with putting forth a budget. Reid is stopping the 2012 budget.

Kane

As I said it was already put to a vote before they formed the super committee the budget was decided. Now they want to change it and he says no what was decided will stand. You wanted cuts now you will get them big time. Oh and be prepared for all the tax cuts to expire and the budget for defences will be about 600 billion instead of the 550 that the defence wanted.
I think you're talking about (ahem) the wrong deal, joec.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Which should have been in place last year. Silly Democrats.

Actually the House decides the budget which is really controlled by the right side of the aisle. The senate has to either agree or send it back. Senate though a majority by the left side of the aisle is hardly a 60 vote majority. Silly me thinking the congress is supposed to work as originally plained with majority rule.

Kane

Actually the House decides the budget which is really controlled by the right side of the aisle. The senate has to either agree or send it back. Senate though a majority by the left side of the aisle is hardly a 60 vote majority. Silly me thinking the congress is supposed to work as originally plained with majority rule.
Ried has 'em piled on his desk, joec. Now you're just digging a hole.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ried has 'em piled on his desk, joec. Now you're just digging a hole.

Really, I'm not the one in the Senate that threatens to filibuster every thing put up. I'm all for shutting down the senate and the house along with the whole damned government at this point. I hope they don't pass another single bill in my lifetime.

Kane

Really, I'm not the one in the Senate that threatens to filibuster every thing put up. I'm all for shutting down the senate and the house along with the whole damned government at this point. I hope they don't pass another single bill in my lifetime.
Agreed. After 230 years we've got plenty of laws. You know, joec, now you're starting to sound like a Tea Partier. Good man.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed. After 230 years we've got plenty of laws. You know, joec, now you're starting to sound like a Tea Partier. Good man.

Oh perhaps I should swollow a 45 acp then, as I would rather die than be associated with the extreme right wingers. :whistling:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Oh perhaps I should swollow a 45 acp then, as I would rather die than be associated with the extreme right wingers. :whistling:

Yeah, you wouldn't want to be associated with people that want to follow the Constatution as it was written.. Heaven for bid!

Most of the Left wingers want to trash it because they ignore it as do many "RINO's" anyway.

People from all over the would want to come to America because of it, and you don't care for it I would have to assume, if you prefer to eat lead?

That is just sad.....

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, you wouldn't want to be associated with people that want to follow the Constitution as it was written.. Heaven for bid!

Most of the Left wingers want to trash it because they ignore it as do many "RINO's" anyway.

People from all over the would want to come to America because of it, and you don't care for it I would have to assume, if you prefer to eat lead?

That is just sad.....

Actually I'm all for following the Constitution but then in some cases I understand it has changed somewhat and I don't mix it up with the Declaration of Independence either.