• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

R/C anyone?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I was just digging around upstairs, and found the old R/C car.

Havent seen this babe in about a year, its still got the poo on it from last time I used it down farm.

Cant remember much about it, part from it goes like s**t off a stick!

Anyone else care to show theirs (spect yours are a whole load nicer and better treated though :whistle: )?

Attachments

• DSCF0860 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0860 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 281

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I was just digging around upstairs, and found the old R/C car.

Havent seen this babe in about a year, its still got the poo on it from last time I used it down farm.

Cant remember much about it, part from it goes like s**t off a stick!

Anyone else care to show theirs (spect yours are a whole load nicer and better treated though :whistle: )?

New member, digging up year old threads:rolleyes:

I have an older RC10T RC truck. Tons of fun to play with, lots of fun to build.

I've gotten in to sailboats over the last year. My Seawind and Paradise:weneedpic Seawind is a 1m one design race boat. There is a local race club, but I have not tried it yet. It was a fun kit to build. The smaller boat is a RTR, 26" boat.

Attachments

• Seawind-8.JPG
    Seawind-8.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 213

tdyoung58

Use to race r/c sprint cars for a lot of years, now I got a more expensive habit . . . . target shooting

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I have been in and out of the hobby or the lat 20 years. have hard numerous RC cars, have a nitro powered monster truck now and a couple of electric planes.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My brother-in-law plays with RC planes.....the Hydro plane is a pic from the net but identical to his.....the other is pics of his P51....no he wont let me get my hands on the controls for some reason.

Attachments

• hydroplane2_2.jpg
    hydroplane2_2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 159

sports850

I had to get a heap of photo's of my RC mini's for another forum so will revive this thread and post them here as well .... Some are well used (blue electric and red and white nitro) and the rest are display models .

The 049 powered Kyosho rear wheel drive mini , it was a lot of fun but incredibly fussy and messy . The nitro fuel disolves the tyres and seeps everywhere , the 049 motor doesn't have a carb but has a mixture screw and a flap on the exhaust and ran differently when hot as to when cold so would need constant fiddling . Was a lot of fun though and sounded like a banshee at around 12,000 rpm . From somewhere around 1993 from memory . It was my first effort at painting a lexan bodyshell so is a bit rough .

kyosho049.jpg

This is the newer Kyosho mini , front wheel drive and 0.15 nitro powered , I've built it ready to run but will keep it as display only due to the mess the nitro made of the previous one (I love the engineering involved in it) . Looks fantastic on display with the clear shell .

kyosho15.jpg

The Mardave Ministock (or ministox ???) , this is very basic , flat bit of fiberglass for a chassis , axle drive pinion is cast onto the rear wheel's and motor runs directly onto the rear wheel . Only 4 cells for the battery but a lot of fun to throw around , not as fast as the Tamiya electric though . Body is a heavy but flexible plastic .

mardaveministock.jpg

My often thrashed Tamiya electric front wheel drive mini , this is the first version of it as can be seen by the single horizontal spring at the front and rear suspensions , later ones hada vertical spring at each corner and handled better but this one is fun for thrashing . The only thing it's missing really is a handbrake ...

tamiyafwd.jpg

Not really a radio control mini but remote control counts sort of ... Each rear wheel is independently powered and steers by the rear wheels only , the fronts don't really touch the ground as they're held up at slow speed by a free-spinning castor wheel . Anything over a crawl and it rears up on the rear wheels and does wheelies everywhere .

wheeliemini.jpg

A Radio Shack "Playtime Driver" , pretty basic and all the extra controls on the radio unit operate sounds and lights on the transmitter , not the car . The bodies pretty detailed though and it looks cute .

playtimedriver.jpg

And finally a couple of the canned mini's .

cannedmini.jpg