• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Paterno Field

Should the field be named after Joe Paterno

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Not now but maybe later.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

mak2

Joe was arguably the most powerful man on campus, knew about it by his own admission and did nothing to stop it beyond minimal effort. I always thought joe and the Penn state football program was probably best in the country. Joe valued it more than children and he had 17 grandchildren. Maybe after a few years I will think differently, now I am still pissed at him. No, dont name a damn thing after him. Think about it, he could not have not know Sandusky ran a program for boys, literally his own little harem.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm torn on the entire issue, as we weren't there. no, i wouldn't name anything after him.
this aside, anyone that hurts a kid should be tossed into the slammer so they can be some dude's bitch. (or if a woman, same deal, except be some woman's bitch.) then they can see how it is to be the victom, themself. anyone that enables a person to injure a kid should be put in the slammer, too. though we weren't there & the media often distorts things. i'm not defending the guy, nor saying he was correct in the least.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to vote no. Just left too bad a feeling just thinking he knew and said nothing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
All he needed to do when he first heard about this was dial 911. We would not be having this discussion right now. :glare: I voted NO!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
His football team was more important than innocent kids. What a pos. The only field they should name after this scumbag is the Stickney sewerage drying fields just outside of Chicago.