• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

outfoxing Hotmail

chowderman

had an @outlook.com email since last century . . . it was getting so much spam I finally decided it had to go.
didn't care for the idea - it was <name>@hotmail.com - easy to remember, easy for other folks to use . . .

so I "closed" the account - after acknowledging 20-30 WARNINGs that all my entire Microsoft life would be erased/deleted. heh, I liked that part . .
per Hotmail the account would remain open, but inactive, for 6(?) weeks. I could bring it back from the dead by logging in anytime prior to the end of days....

about a month after it was slated to be permanently closed/gone/out of existence I got curious and logged in.
the account was still there. there was no spam/no email at all after the 'dead date.'
about a month later, it is still spam free . . .

Outlook has statements like "Messages in Spam/Deleted will evaporate after (?)30 days."
not to be believed - they don't - one account has over 1k emails in Deleted dating back about a year.

so, ymmv - but this appears to be one way to get the spammers out of your life . . .

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve had Hotmail accounts since the 90s and I have one for all my spam/sign up accounts, win this win that, free this that…and one account for business and it amazes me that the one that I only give out to legitimate companies rarely gets spam but the one that my social media accounts use is sold multiple times a day….

Reactions: Doc