• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ok now what?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We are witnessing the long slow slide down the crap chute, to be perfectly blunt about it. Meanwhile, our so called leadership down in DC rearrange the deck furniture while the Titanic slowly sinks to the bottom. :sad:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We have been there before and got out of it so perhaps it will happen again.

Attachments

• us_fed_debt_net.png
    us_fed_debt_net.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 71

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We have been there before and got out of it so perhaps it will happen again.

We had people after WW2 that were willing to do what was necessary along with a post war boom. Right now we have neither. Hence my pessimism.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We had people after WW2 that were willing to do what was necessary along with a post war boom. Right now we have neither. Hence my pessimism.

Oh and I also doubt we will get out of anytime soon either. We could it though by simply cutting off 1/2 of the military spending though that won't happen either.

grizzer

Obama is gonna pull us out by selling community organizing and twitter revolutions around the world. And then everybody gets to borrow cash from the Fed at 0%

loboloco

Oh and I also doubt we will get out of anytime soon either. We could it though by simply cutting off 1/2 of the military spending though that won't happen either.
Or 25% of the social programs, but that ain't gonna happen.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Or 25% of the social programs, but that ain't gonna happen.
no way they'll cut social spending. people would have to learn how to fend for themselves and not be dependent on the gubmit. Plus, the libs would lose their voter base.

Yep, weaken our military and increase social spending. that'll get us back on the right track. Oh, and hire some more federal workers to control it all.:whistling:

RedRocker

Since the military is actually a constitutional function of the federal government, I've got no problem with spending tax money there. It's the rest of the unconstitutional spending that is killing us.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
You do realize we spend 48% while the complete rest of the world spends 52% of every dollar spent. China spends 14% which would be the next largest spender. Military spending has also doubled in the US since 2005 levels. We should also cut some of the social spending also but at this time cutting spending would also be bad.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

60% of the Federal budget is for programs not specified as required or even noted in the Constitution.

Defense accounts for 21% of the budget and is the first requirement of the federal government.

So, why must we cut it first? And why must we cut it the most?

It is simply not fair to the men and women who serve to cut their support and that is what will happen. Always does. My son served during the Clinton budget cuts and as a result, now lives and works from a wheel chair.

The primary reason for the collusion of the 13 colonies to federalize was the need for a common defense. It is the first mandate of the Federal government. It should be the last thing on the cut list.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
60% of the Federal budget is for programs not specified as required or even noted in the Constitution.

Defense accounts for 21% of the budget and is the first requirement of the federal government.

So, why must we cut it first? And why must we cut it the most?

It is simply not fair to the men and women who serve to cut their support and that is what will happen. Always does. My son served during the Clinton budget cuts and as a result, now lives and works from a wheel chair.

The primary reason for the collusion of the 13 colonies to federalize was the need for a common defense. It is the first mandate of the Federal government. It should be the last thing on the cut list.

I didn't say we should cut military spending only but we are spending way more that we did. As for constitutional spending then how is our responsibility to spend billions rebuilding Afghanistan and Iraq or giving foreign aid. Of for that matter billions on other things that have little to do with rebuilding our country. As for the constitution it is pretty vague also in some areas. For example the preamble to it. As for supporting our troops I'm all for that but we are supporting building project by the military with their complex of contractors.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got an idea... lets dump the department of education and keep the military. After all, one of them is worth the money, functions well, and we can all be proud of it. The other is disfunctional, geared toward rewarding the people that manage it, and hasn't done anything worthy in many years.

Just an idea...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got an idea... lets dump the department of education and keep the military. After all, one of them is worth the money, functions well, and we can all be proud of it. The other is disfunctional, geared toward rewarding the people that manage it, and hasn't done anything worthy in many years.

Just an idea...

How about we take some of the powers away from the Federal Reserve. That might save us billions also, at least audit them on a regular basis for a change. We can thank Ron Paul for getting done at least once.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
How about we take some of the powers away from the Federal Reserve. That might save us billions also, at least audit them on a regular basis for a change. We can thank Ron Paul for getting done at least once.
Yep, good idea Joe. But mines easier.:smile:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Mines easier.

That is the problem, going after the low hanging fruit but not the hard to reach. The department of Education is pocket change next to the amount the Reserve gave away just since 2008. :biggrin:

RedRocker

Just an idea...

And the EPA, Dept. of Energy, and every other "Dept." that's not in the Constitution.