• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama Calls for New $1B Program to Promote ‘Alternative’ Vehicles

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
SOS ! Generously throwing the taxpayers dollars at failed technology, when will the American people wake the fuck up. Oh yea I forgot Obama voters dont pay taxes. :doh:

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama used his visit to a North Carolina truck manufacturer on Wednesday to announce a $1 billion program to promote electric and other alternative vehicles through tax incentives for consumers and federal grants to states to finance infrastructure to support them.
The “National Community Deployment Challenge” includes incentives for individuals and businesses to buy “advanced cars and trucks” through a $10,000 tax credit – up from the $7,500 allowed under current tax law.

The rest of the story. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-calls-new-1b-program-promote-alternative-vehicles

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got an "alternative fuel" credit of something like $3500 for buying a diesel car!!!

I don't know why they gave it to me.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
As long as your pocketbook holds up, the idiot in charge is not going to give up.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
SOS ! Generously throwing the taxpayers dollars at failed technology, :doh:

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." ~Henry Ford :wink:
I understand the point regarding tax dollars but I do hope those who are seeking alternative fuel technologies will be persistent.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." ~Henry Ford :wink:
I understand the point regarding tax dollars but I do hope those who are seeking alternative fuel technologies will be persistent.
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

"The difference between Henry and Barry lies in the phrase 'this time more intelligently" - Jimbo

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I do hope those who are seeking alternative fuel technologies will be persistent.

Me too. I hope they are so persistent that they can develop solar panels that will pay for themselves without taxpayer assistance. I hope they are so persistent that the automakers can develop a viable electric automobile that actually works and does not require 10K of taxpayers money to sell.

Only our government would call diesel fuel an alternative fuel and offer 3.5K of our dollars as subsidy.

Maybe it good times some subsidies would help kick start a good viable technology that other wise would not get going, but while we are living off the credit card, now is not the time.