• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not sneaky enough Bonehead!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice try though! I think you got 5 hours, before it disappeared.

Attachments

• FFB.JPG
    FFB.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 198

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They never cease to amaze. Why do they allow links to some sites but not others?

Their censorship hurts their own site more than anyone elses. We would only be a political forum had they not over reacted way back when this forum started.

Gatorboy

Just put that link in your signature line -- then it will be included on EVERY post you ever made.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dare ya Gatorboy. :)

Did they say anything to you about your first few posts on here as Ibrahim?

Gatorboy

Doc said:
Did they say anything to you about your first few posts on here as Ibrahim?

No, and they have NO RIGHT to say anything. This is not their forum and Ibrahim from TBN does not have that name Trademarked. In addition, I never claimed to be Ibrahim from TBN.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They seem to do things whether or not they have a right to. Thanks for answering, I was being nosey. :eek:

BoneheadNW

The man asked a question on TBN and I gave a legitimate answer. We do have a boating section on this forum and some of our members are really into it (Doc, John, etc.) Their choice to delete only my post and not the others containing links to other forums shows their extreme bias. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from one of his movies, they should "have a good stiff drink to kill the bug up their ass". :weneedpic :wtf: :wussie:
Bonehead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
No, and they have NO RIGHT to say anything.
Dave, they have the right because it is THEIR forum, but I think it is safe to say that they choose to excercise their rights of censorship with a very uneven hand.

I'm still shocked that Dargo got banned because he didn't like the fact that 'beenthere' was making fun of a guy who died while loading a tractor onto a trailer. Dargo stood up with a rational post that showed compassion for the family. For that, he got the post deleted and banned from the site. Apparently Bird was the moderator who pushed it. Of all the mods there, he is the one I was rarely in agreement with.

Gatorboy

B_Skurka said:
Dave, they have the right because it is THEIR forum, but I think it is safe to say that they choose to excercise their rights of censorship with a very uneven hand.

I have done nothing on THEIR forum in regards to this forum. That's the point I was trying to make.

humor_me

Gatorboy said:
No, and they have NO RIGHT to say anything. This is not their forum and Ibrahim from TBN does not have that name Trademarked. In addition, I never claimed to be Ibrahim from TBN.

GEEEZZZZZZZ, guys,
:flame2: Ibrahim is a fairly common name, but not on this side of the pond.:argueing: :whip:

humor_me

BoneheadNW said:
....Their choice to delete only my post and not the others containing links to other forums shows their extreme bias. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from one of his movies, they should "have a good stiff drink to kill the bug up their ass". :weneedpic :wtf: :wussie:
Bonehead

Or maybe they just need to replace the stick up their ass with a new one.:weneedpic
I doubt they even have the stones to have "daring" smilies.:applause: :tiphat:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
I have done nothing on THEIR forum in regards to this forum. That's the point I was trying to make.
Dave, to that point I am in total agreement with you. But it doesn't stop guys like Bird, who seems to have a perpetual bug up his butt for some folks (like he had for Dargo) from apply a liberal use of 'moderation' at times when it seems totally unnecessary and illogical.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, I don't think they realize how easy it is to moderate a forum when you set the rules and do not try to censor peoples thoughts. Seems some of the tbn mods have to find issues with a post or two to justify their position, and show they are 'on the job'.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Dave, you underestimated coverage your prank recieved:

Attachments

• Ibrahim.jpg
    Ibrahim.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 175

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
They never cease to amaze. Why do they allow links to some sites but not others?

Their censorship hurts their own site more than anyone elses. We would only be a political forum had they not over reacted way back when this forum started.

How true and how sad; while I don't argue their right to do it, welcoming this site openly could have saved them all sorts of headaches. They want PG [more G in my opinion] that's their right, but instead of a thread going Poof; they could close it, say it's direction would be better served on another site and either leave the thread or delete it in say 24 hours. Ironically, I remember a TBN thread last spring where several of us requested exactly that [an area where TBN people could discuss topics taboo to mainstream TBN].

The sad part is, if someone here asked about Power Tracs, I wouldn't think twice replying "TBN." If someone there asks about Snow Tracs....:confused:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spiffy1 said:
The sad part is, if someone here asked about Power Tracs, I wouldn't think twice replying "TBN." If someone there asks about Snow Tracs....:confused:
That is one of the things I like about this site. We can all provide useful information, even if the information is somewhere else. I don't think people here consider TBN as a competitive threat, but it is obvious that TBN treats this site (and I still can't figure out why) as a competitive threat and bans all reference. Seems pretty petty to me. These sites have totally different focus and character.

As for TBN not wanting to have a political area, to that I do give them credit. It would create problems there and if they want to maintain their focus, I don't believe they should allow it. In fact, I recall the thread you are referring to and I opposed the request too. But I did it because on a site like TBN it would really create more havoc than it would be worth.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
That's the thread I was thinking of, Bob. You were with the majority, noting the damage would likely outweigh any benefits; in hindsight no doubt correct at that.

However, by welcoming a sight like this, I think they would have reaped the best of both worlds. Of course, I have been wrong often enough before.:whistle:

jwstewar

Imagine that, somebody must have followed it. :pat: For the post is gone now.:toilet:

Attachments

• Boat Links.JPG
    Boat Links.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 154

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually, it didn't make it through the evening. But your screen shot notes something more interesting:

Someone is now wondering what happened to it!

That does bring me to have a few more questions though:
1) He saw the post, but didn't follow the link?
Or, 2) he doesn't know how to use his browser's history?
Or, 3) he's trying to antagonize whoever deleted it?

Or, 4) am I really pathetic for
1) over analyzing the situation
2) finding interest in Bonehead's post in the first place
3) both
#4 was rhetorical....oh what the heck: fire away! :eek: :D

BoneheadNW

Spiffy1 said:
Actually, it didn't make it through the evening. But your screen shot notes something more interesting:

Someone is now wondering what happened to it!

That does bring me to have a few more questions though:
1) He saw the post, but didn't follow the link?
Or, 2) he doesn't know how to use his browser's history?
Or, 3) he's trying to antagonize whoever deleted it?

Or, 4) am I really pathetic for
1) over analyzing the situation
2) finding interest in Bonehead's post in the first place
3) both
#4 was rhetorical....oh what the heck: fire away! :eek: :D
Spiff-
Great argument, with yourself! I thought that I was the only one that did that! No I didn't! Yes I did! No I didn't......... :YesNo:
Bone

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Latest version:
TimberXX
Bronze Member

Reged: 02/04/05

Boating Forum Like TBN
#820304 - 02/06/06 03:16 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

I would like to find a boating and Fishing forum similar to TBN, I am having a real rough time finding one... anybody have any?

Post Extras: Print Post | Remind Me! | Notify Moderator | E-Mail Post
HGM
Platinum Member

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Georgia

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: TimberXX]
#820362 - 02/06/06 05:15 PM

Frank,
I bet if you'd just let rip, you'll find this is the site your looking for. Its tractors, but we talk about everything..

Greg

KennethBrown
Bronze Member

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Central Texas

#820418 - 02/06/06 06:41 PM

Thats easy enough. This is a great group og people. I mainly hang out in Dockside chat. Look me up there when ya sign up. The link will take you to their main page. In the right hand upper corner you'll see the forums button.

iboats

JDGREEN4ME
Platinum Member

Reged: 09/27/02
Loc: Southeast PA

#820544 - 02/07/06 03:34 AM

I know BoatingABC.com is a forum devoted to boating. I do not remember any fishing on there however.

natural

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Elk River, MN

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: JDGREEN4ME]
#821385 - 02/08/06 01:43 PM

Last night when I was here there was three links to different boating forums. What happened to the 3rd one? Did someone delete it and also could someone tell me where it was so I can look it up.

Nate

BoneheadNW
Silver Member

Reged: 03/26/05
Loc: Washington

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: natural]
#821461 - 02/08/06 03:52 PM

Yeah, where did that link go?
Bonehead

I used to be like Bob S., then I evolved!

thcri
Elite Member

Reged: 01/20/03
Loc: Minnesota SE

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: BoneheadNW]
#821511 - 02/08/06 05:20 PM

( Yeah, where did that link go?
Bonehead )

Why would it have been canceled. Is there a rule against posting other forums? Who had their post deleted? And why would the others not have been deleted if there was a rule for not posting other forums?

Just kind of confused here

murph

"This country was founded and built by people with great dreams and the courage to take great risks."

daedong
Veteran Member

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: South Australia

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: BoneheadNW]
#821614 - 02/08/06 07:08 PM

I also posted here saying if anyone would like to PM me I would give them a link to a Boats & Accessories forum. Don't understand why it has been taken from the thread

http://stonevahestate.tripod.com/

HomeBrew2
Platinum Member

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: Dunlap, CA

Re: Boating Forum Like TBN [Re: thcri] new
#821641 - 02/08/06 07:35 PM

No, murph, other forums links seem to be postable ... it's just forumsforums' that apparently can't be posted ... and I'd say it's an unwritten rule ... hard to keep up with those
then 7 minutes later, 'natural's post and all subsequent disappeared.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
4 for 4! Two repeat customers and two new ones!

Only about two hours this time. Actually, less than 30minutes on the latest. I really should be doing something useful right now, but for some crazy reason this has entertained me way to much!:eek: :D :D

edit: California, you got a screen shot! :thumb: I just missed it. Any chance you can crank it through Irfanview or something for a really nice picture?

:weneedpic

Last edited:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Heck..... the way that they delete posts it will take quite a few more moderators like the Big Mouth Bird to keep up with everything. I do believe that he still holds the honor of being the most prolific poster that has the least interesting number of posts, save LB who is coming up fast in the numbers contest... If I were a betting man, my money would be on LB just based on longevity. Just remember, they have to sleep sometime..... :thumb:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
That reminds me: Who is LBjr (a new member there today) ?

Going from memory, but it looks like instead of "bimp"ing [as opposed to "bump"ing] this guy "Blimp"s. Which does make more sense as enough hot air [helium, but give me a little poetic license here] I suppose could make a thread rise to the top instead of being bumped up. Of course, said post is now Poof, but the thread still exists.

Anyway, I doubt any coincidence, the thread where Junkman was mistaken as a TBN moderator got "Blimp"ed! It was a great thread then - both informational and humorous - but it's down right hilarious now. :yum:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Spiffy1 said:
California, you got a screen shot! I just missed it. Any chance you can crank it through Irfanview or something for a really nice picture?
Sorry, I just highlighted the text on the screen and pasted it into Notepad because I expected it would disappear soon. That only captured raw text.

I should have done Save Page As but didn't think of it at the moment.

Did everybody notice the last line I quoted, the post that didn't last 7 minutes:
HomeBrew2- ... No, murph, other forums links seem to be postable ... it's just forumsforums' that apparently can't be posted ... and I'd say it's an unwritten rule ... hard to keep up with those
That must have set off all the alarms!

BoneheadNW

Spiffy1 said:
That reminds me: Who is LBjr (a new member there today) ?

Going from memory, but it looks like instead of "bimp"ing [as opposed to "bump"ing] this guy "Blimp"s. Which does make more sense as enough hot air [helium, but give me a little poetic license here] I suppose could make a thread rise to the top instead of being bumped up. Of course, said post is now Poof, but the thread still exists.

Anyway, I doubt any coincidence, the thread where Junkman was mistaken as a TBN moderator got "Blimp"ed! It was a great thread then - both informational and humorous - but it's down right hilarious now. :yum:
LBjr could be something similar to the "mini-me" from Austin Powers.
Bonehead

Attachments

• bush_minime.jpg
    bush_minime.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 110