• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kitten for Sale

Duane Leiker

NOT MINE. JUST POSTING..

Up for sale! 1959 Tucker 222 Kitten. My wife and I have decided to leave Connecticut for warmer weather. So, I have decided to part with my Snowcat. Here is what I can tell you about it, it is new to me. I have known the previous owner since the 80's. He always loved and cared for this machine like it was a child. He had used it for many years in Vermont. For personal reasons, he had to put it away in his barn where it sat for many years. I often asked him to sell it to me. His answer always started with a big laugh then a resounding "NO, sorry". Well, much to my surprise, last October, I asked him again. I waited for the laugh and big "NO". But this time he just looked at me and said, "have a seat young man". I don't know where that came from, I'm 64. But I am much younger than him. We chatted for quite some time. But in the end, we made a deal.
This brings me to where everything stands today. The Cat is at my house in Connecticut now. I have put some time into cleaning and working on getting her running again. At this point, I have replaced the plugs, coil, fan belt, all fuel lines, battery and misc. small items. I even went to the airport I fly out of and purchased a couple gallons of 100LL for her. She turns over great. But doesn't have spark. The fuel pump runs. But does not deliver fuel to the carburetor. No surprise there. Dammed ethanol. I'm sure I will have to rebuild the carburetor next and replace the plug wires etc.
So, this brings me to where I stand at this point. I do not anticipate moving anytime in the very near future. To many things have to happen before we get to that point. I will continue to work on the Kitten as time allows. But, in the meantime, I will entertain offers on the sale of it. I'm thinking this will get a considerable response. So, I will only post my email for now. At first, I will wait until I get enough offers to give me a good idea of what this beauty might be worth. Then I will contact the possible buyer(s) to work out any details and possibly finalize a deal.
In the photos, there is a few pictures of a sled/trailer that was built to tow behind the kitten. It goes with the deal. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room in the barn for it to be stored with the Kitten. So, it sat outside under a cheap tarp that the weather ate away. As you can see, it will need work to bring it back to how it looked new. I was told that he pulled 18 people at a time around a huge field. (a mix of adults and children
mwhite06@comcat.net
Try: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5891624907571365&set=pcb.1290130018211534

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love that the the link bending tool might have been a bar that pushed the inside link down and the outside link up.

I like how the bidder has (0) interactions on the epay platform.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Carb on it is not anglia in video. Looks like a video prob.

Heater looks to have been added after looking at the firewall angle iron.

Bones look good. 10K

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
YGTBSM... It's over $20K, reserve is not met, the engine doesn't start, and the seller says he'll split the cost of getting it to even run? Oh, and he'll oh-so-generously sell you the (used) trailer for its replacement cost.

Run Forrest, Run!

P.T Barnum's famous quote comes to mind: "There's a sucker born every minute".

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Carb mod
Gas pedal mod
Fuel tank mod
Nose rail mod
Link mod
Grille mod
Exhaust mod
Lights mod
Interior mod
Horn mod
Paint mod
Seat height mod
Hitch mod
Trim mod
Poor taste mod
Heater mod
Mermaid mod
Switch mod
Reverse link mod
More mod

Needs 20K to be worth 20K.

vintagebike

I my humble opinion all or most of the mods look to be well thought out for a practical, hardworking and dependable kitten (if that is possible 😉). I especially like the two blade wiper linkage. If I remember correctly 15-20 years ago , or maybe when the eBay Kitten was owned and well used ,most snowcats were not worth much more than scrap. But I hear there is talk of a Snow Cat Concours Circuit.

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Carb mod
Gas pedal mod
Fuel tank mod
Nose rail mod
Link mod
Grille mod
Exhaust mod
Lights mod
Interior mod
Horn mod
Paint mod
Seat height mod
Hitch mod
Trim mod
Poor taste mod
Heater mod
Mermaid mod
Switch mod
Reverse link mod
More mod

Needs 20K to be worth 20K.
You forgot Mod Squad Mod.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You sound as if your 'other' example could have some "interesting interpretations"? :ROFLMAO:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
wow.

1672232599992.png

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ummm, pretty sure that floor carpet started life as the shag variant! One less thing for the new owner to upgrade!