• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

John Deere Is Facing a Farmer Revolt

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
16:30 min.

Bloomberg Quicktake

3M subscribers
John Deere boasted record profits in 2021 and finally struck a deal with striking union workers. But now it has a bigger problem: farmers are revolting against restrictions on how they repair complex equipment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Deere can stick it up their ass. I swore them off 25 years ago when they introduced a new tractor series, told us it cost 1/3 less to make than the previous series.
Impressive until they tell you it costs 1/3 more than the older models. :furious:
Now they have built years of junk, and poor quality machines that they want to be the only ones who can fix their junk.
I went Caterpillar and never turned back. I want nothing to do with their Company Store marketing concept. Many fallowed that, and now Deere is trying to screw them. LOL time to get a bag of popcorn.... :)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think this comes down to the fact that John Deere and other MFG's do not want to share their market. This is the crux of the issue.

IMHO; It should not be a question of sharing their market but serving their market.
As a business owner who sells a product, I can control our market share either by license, or by our performance to our client base.
So, when we build equipment, we design it with overengineered reliability. But, we keep designs simple with common parts so that our customer can easily fix it themselves.