• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Italian cold fusion machine passes another test

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I put this in the debate thread due to some skeptics, I figured it would end up here eventually. :wink:

I seen this mentioned in an earlier thread (post #15) and couldn't help but notice nobody had anything to say about it. I am curious as to what others think here. :unsure:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=50377
From Nikos in the snowcat forum.
Guys in U.S.A and Europe do you Know anything about the GREEN REVOLUTION from GREECE TECHNOLOGIE called DEFKALION?
Maybe my ST4 will be the first ST4 with this technology.
Hydrogen + Nicelium. NO GAS ANYMORE.
http://www.defkalion-energy.com/

Despite a world of skepticism about E-Cat and other devices, proof is adding up. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45153076/ns/technology_and_science-science/#.TsBbUmCDr9V
Italian physicist and inventor Andrea Rossi has conducted a public demonstration of his "cold fusion" machine, the E-Cat, at the University of Bologna, showing that a small amount of input energy drives an unexplained reaction between atoms of hydrogen and nickel that leads to a large outpouring of energy, more than 10 times what was put in.
The first seemingly successful cold fusion experiment was reported two decades ago, but the process has forever been met with heavy skepticism. It's a seemingly impossible process in which two types of atoms, typically a light element and a heavier metal, seem to fuse together, releasing pure heat that can be converted into electricity. The process is an attractive energy solution for two reasons: Unlike in nuclear fission, the reaction doesn't give off dangerous radiation. Unlike the fusion processes that take place in the sun, cold fusion doesn't require extremely high temperatures.
But the experimentalists who have seemingly demonstrated cold fusion over the years have been unable to explain the underlying mechanism that drives the miraculous reaction they claim to observe, and so the scientific community has largely turned its back on this line of research. Most physicists — as well as the United States Department of Energy (DoE), academic journals, and the U.S. Patent Office — consider cold fusion machines to be hoaxes, because they say physics rules out the possibility of room-temperature nuclear fusion.
  1. Life's Little Mysteries reported on the E-Cat machine in April, when Rossi and fellow physicist Sergio Focardi successfully demonstrated the device for a group of Swedish physicists. At the time, we explained that the Italian physicists are two of a handful of researchers around the world who have kept the cold fusion fire burning. These cold fusion devotees believe that there is a little-understood physical process occurring in their machines that produces a safe, clean and endlessly renewable form of energy.
The physicists who were invited to the demonstration in April gave the E-Cat a solid thumbs-up. It produced too much excess heat to have been originating from a chemical process, they wrote in their report, adding that, "The only alternative explanation is that there is some kind of a nuclear process that gives rise to the measured energy production."
In the intervening months, Rossi has built a large version of his device that combines many smaller cold fusion modules. At the demo in October, after an initial energy input of 400 watts into each module, each one then produced a sustained, continuous output of 10 kilowatts (470 kW altogether) for three to four hours.
Rossi has not published any details about the inner workings of the E-Cat because the device is not patent-protected, but other cold fusion researchers have theories as to how the process works. Peter Hagelstein, an MIT professor of electrical engineering and computer science and one of the most mainstream proponents of cold fusion research, thinks the process may involve vibrational energy in the metal's lattice driving nuclear transitions that lead to fusion.

There are several close connections between the E-Cat and other recent experimental results, Hagelstein said, noting that the excess power seems to respond to lattice spacing in both experiments, vacancies within the lattice (e.g., spots where the nickel atoms are missing) seem to be important in both, the excess power seems to increase with operating temperature in relevant operating regimes and other connections.
"There is not sufficient reliable information available about the E-cat for a rational opinion to be made yet, in my view," Hagelstein told Life's Little Mysteries. But because of these consistencies, "I am of the view that Rossi's claims probably should be taken seriously until such time as we have sufficient information that provides confirmation or refutation."
Rossi has formed a company, Leonardo Corp., which will produce and — he hopes — sell E-Cat machines.
In the meantime, Hagelstein and other cold fusion researchers urge the skeptical scientific community to give cold fusion devices such as the E-Cat a closer look. "Are physicists generally, and DoE in particular, so sure that excess power in such experiments is impossible that the very large number of experimental results which show an excess heat effect clearly should continue to be ignored?" he asked.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Time will tell if this is smoke and mirrors. he's shared no details of the process. Makes it highly fishy from the get go. Why display without protection; what's the motive?

Cold fusion is a dream. Making energy from less input is a fantasy. Well, at least for now.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Time will tell if this is smoke and mirrors. he's shared no details of the process. Makes it highly fishy from the get go. Why display without protection; what's the motive?

Cold fusion is a dream. Making energy from less input is a fantasy. Well, at least for now.
I agree, but what IF it is true? Do you think it will go further or be allowed to be a viable source for energy, or will it likely be buryed as a scam and the inventor to never be heard from again?:unsure:

Call me a conspiracy nut if you wish, but I just dont trust our government nor big oil and corporations. With all the technology we have today, I just find it imposible to beleive we have not gotten any further then the engines and fuel we have used for so long. :wink:

Kane

Yes, it does seem fantasy. However, with respect to E=mc2, the energy necessary to create the mass and cause the initial Big Bang had to have come from somewhere. At some point in the creation of the universe, energy was free. Right? But from then hence, it does seem to always be conserved.

Of course discussions like this often lead to talk of religion and intelligent design.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

If I were this guy, I would do everything in my power to:

1) Demonstrate that I had indeed produced cold fusion, and;
2) Work very hard to keep anyone from finding out how it works; this discovery is the key to the world's mint (see
Heinlein's novel Friday regarding "Shipstones" for details of this rationale)

loboloco

Gotta agree with Danang. Actually, under some theoretical applications of quantum physics you can get extremely large amounts of energy for very little (relative) expenditure.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On the one hand, I have seen a lot of miracle energy producing and conserving machines in my lifetime, all have failed in their implementation.
On the other hand, science will tell you that only a small portion of the energy of the universe is understood. Who knows where the next source of energy will come from.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Since the beginnings of time, mankind has been pursuing the idea of getting something for nothing. We've never made it yet but we keep on trying. I think that this is just another attempt.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the beginnings of time, mankind has been pursuing the idea of getting something for nothing. We've never made it yet but we keep on trying. I think that this is just another attempt.
It works for Obummer voters.:whistling:

SShepherd

if it were true, he'd have been wacked before we herd anything about it.
sorry for sounding pessemistic, but I think it's a realistic point of view.
Whom ever controls the energy, controls the world.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
All throughout history man was repeatly told "It won't work", yet we have a lot of stuff working that the average mind of the day couldn't conceive!

We talk on cell phones, watch tv, turn on a light, flick a bic and the list goes on, few centuries ago, you could have been burned at the stake for suggesting any of this was possible to the educated minds of the times.

Had Tesla been born a few centuries earlier, I'm sure he would have been concidered insane just before they BBQ'd him.

Aside from the scammers, there is still a Galaxy of things we know nothing about.

Cold Fusion may be a hoax or the next level of "Fire", on a matchstick to a bunch of heathens!