• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ID these water fowl:

DAP

As probably NONE of you know, I am a voracious birder (both watching and eating although the later is limited to just a few species). This morning, during my 3 mile walk, I noticed this pair in the Sheepscot river. They are some of my favorite waterfowl. Even from this distance, they are unmistakeable. Do you know what they are? The male is a dead giveaway.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

DAP

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ....

Incorrect BDog ... Bufflehead, while occassionally in a freshwater pond, are bay ducks, and are usually in salty or almost salty waters. Excellent guess nonetheless.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Loons.

Not related to any other species of currently known birds.

Attachments

• loons.jpg
    loons.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 89

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I understand that if you grind them up really fine they make a good sausage! Not too different than TEEwurst.