• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I like it .........

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not into yall's contraptions but boy I like this!

Attachments

• 182855_200719513277370_100000179688938_839065_8344494_n.jpg
    182855_200719513277370_100000179688938_839065_8344494_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 482

AdkSnowcat

That is a heck of a machine!!!!! At sixty-six or seven my Dad went to Yellowstone for a winter cross-country skiing/camping/photography weeklong trip. The photo of him getting his stuff out of the old yellow Bombardier snowbus during a snowstorm is one of my favorite photos. If I had a way of digitizing it I'd put in up for everyone to see. What an experience to ride one of those machines into a super backcountry snowstorm--then being left there.

This new machine looks like quite a thrill too! Wow!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My goal for the Snow Trac is a visit there.....

I hope I make it out to Yellowstone before they restrict vehicular access. Maybe next year I will make it. Should have a track party there:whistling::clap:......? Time will tell.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
only Guided tours and 4 stroke engines now in yellowstone. Some of our club members are going this week. They don't even bother riding in the park. that is west yellowstone
Jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,

Is it illegal to ride there with a 4 stoke? And if guided, can you ride your 4 stroke snowmobile?

Next year I wonder what the "rules" will be....

Regards, Kirk

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,

Is it illegal to ride there with a 4 stoke? And if guided, can you ride your 4 stroke snowmobile?

Next year I wonder what the "rules" will be....

Regards, Kirk
:wow: Why would you even want to take those noisy, air poluting vehicles into the wilderness, have you no compassion for the poor endangered wolves in those areas? :whistling: :yankchain: :mrgreen:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was told by a guy that spends next week every year at west yellowstone that they don't want 2 strokes in the park. 4 cycle engines are fine.
So maybe we can join in a "parade" of snowmobiles for 75 miles on a groomed road??

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Day date and time ?

I am a teacher and summer dates work great for me.

Yes that is a joke.

Are snow conditions good early jan?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking between Christmas and new years, as I have kids in School too. And they will want ride in the snow trac...

Maybe Dec 27 through the 1st?

Open to suggestions...

Kirk

Mog1218

Day date and time ?

I am a teacher and summer dates work great for me.

Yes that is a joke.

Are snow conditions good early jan?

No joking needed for last years conditions. Last Fourth of July I went snowmobiling in Cooke City,MT (just outside of park boundary)

Last edited:

Mog1218

Lets try those photos again:wink:

Attachments

• cooke city1.JPG
    cooke city1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 286
  • cookecity2.JPG
    cookecity2.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 276
  • cookecity3.jpg
    cookecity3.jpg