• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hot sauce shortages!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you like it spicy you may be out of luck!

Huy Fong sriracha sauce in short supply amid chili pepper shortage​

Bottle of Huy Fong Foods sriracha sauce
Huy Fong Foods said there's a shortage of chili peppers used in its sriracha sauces. Photo: Abel Uribe/Chicago Tribune/Shannon Kinsella/food styling/Tribune News Service via Getty Images
Huy Fong Foods is warning of a chili pepper shortage that could make it harder to spice up your meals.
The big picture: The California-based company, known for its sriracha sauces with a rooster on the bottle, confirmed to Axios via email that it is "experiencing a shortage which is affecting our production supply."
  • In an April 19 letter to customers, Huy Fong Foods said it faces a “more severe shortage of chili” because of “weather conditions affecting the quality of chili peppers.”
  • The company told Axios it gets its peppers from Mexico, which along with the western U.S., is experiencing a drought.
  • Axios found inventory for Huy Fong sriracha on Target and Walmart’s websites for in-store pickup and delivery using various zip codes across the country.
  • On Reddit, some users reported having difficulty finding sriracha in local stores or finding purchasing limits.
What they’re saying: “Unfortunately, this is out of our control and without this essential ingredient, we are unable to produce any of our products (Chili Garlic, Sambal Oelek, and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce),” Huy Fong Foods said in its letter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I prefer heartbeat hot sauce made and sold locally where I live and is quickly becoming an international brand and has even been a sponsor for a nascar team this year.

Umberto

I shop a lot and the shelves are filled with all manner of hot sauces.
HMart had several different brands of siraracha from Asia.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
There is no shortage of sriracha sauce down here. I even have a bottle of Diamondback sriracha made in Texas. On the front of the bottle it says that it is Texafied!!!!