• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help with lmc 1500 hydraulic pump install.

Hi guys, new to the snow cat world and having some issues with a lmc1500. Hydraulic pump was pulled and lined were capped when I got it but the I pump was worn out so I had it rebuilt but now trying to figure out which hose goes where. The big hose of the 3 is the oul supply and easy to figure out bit the other two hoses are either pressure or return and I don't want to hook them up wrong. I have a schematic but it doesn't show the hand control or a clear picture of the pump so struggling to figure out which goes where. Any info or pics of other pump set ups would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306_154914_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240306_154914_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pump likely has a priority valve in it to split the flow front to back?

did the machine originally have a pair to the rear and a blade on the front?

I have the blade, just removed right now. On the schematic it shows one line coming back to a T on the supply side and the other going to the control valve for the 6 way blade. It's a Tyrone pump with 3 hose fittings 1 big for supply I'm guessing then the other 2 is where I'm not sure about.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing on the back? ( no aux ports ). on the pump Are they the same size? supply or suction is usually bigger but the other two?

Nothing on the back just 1 big hose that should be supply then 2 smaller fittings coming out the other side. One is ment to be pressure to control valve and the other goes back to a T on the supply line.just don't know which is which on the pump side. Hoping someone has a machine similar and can snap a picture of which hose goes to which fitting. The one to the control valve heads to driver side frame rail the one to the T in return line goes to passenger frame rail. Wish the schematic showed a better Pic of the pump.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is there fittings on the fill and drain ports of the rear diff? Ive seen lots of lmc and thiokols that had hyd circuits flow to and from the diff for cooling and electric over hydraulic emergency controls.
My thought being one line is a 5 gpm circuit priority. The balace of the flow to the blade

Nothing but plugs on the drain and fill for the diff. Sending a Pic of the schematic I have so you can see how it's set up. The only thing that isn't accurate is that my setup has a hand control valve and the line going to the control valve on the diagram has a T and goes to hand lever and solenoid control valve. The diagram only shows the control valve for the angle and left and right not the hand control valve for up and down. The schematic doesn't show the pump very well to know which line goes where on the pump.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_084754_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_084754_OneDrive.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 35
The schematic shows the lines being one in front of the other but they are more on top of eachother so I don't know which is front and back. Trying to get ahold of the oump manufacturer as well so I can see what the difference between the two ports is.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The schematic shows the cooler and diff connections.

The front port looks like a waste connection item or fitting 4. It goes to a t and is a return (u are calling it feed) the other is away from the pulley, it is your working port.