• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello From Sunny San Diego

BoneheadNW

Hey all-

Just checking in from my parents house to say hi. Hope all is well with you. I'm almost 2/3 through my "vacation" and still have not hung myself. Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada were mostly beautiful, although just getting diesel in Vegas was too much time spent there.

I'll check in later,

Bonehead

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW, sounds like you are sure getting around.

You didn't like Vegas?

I have not been there but planning to go out next Feb. I not into gambling but I hear there is plenty to see and do beside gamble.

BoneheadNW

Doc-

In my opinion, vegas is 180 degrees from everything I like/am interested in. First, it is the fastest growing city in the U.S. and shows all the signs of problem growth (smog, traffic jams, etc). Second, I am not at all into the vegas lifestyle (gambling, taking everything to excess, etc.). Third, I could never live in a place that is as hot as hell most of the year.

Don't get me wrong, many people are into those things and more power to them. Just not my cup of tea.

We will be here for several more days and then it is time for the trek back up to Washington. Take care all of you and I'll try to catch up on the news when I get home.

Bone

BoneheadNW

Hey all-

Made it back home late last night (actually early this morning) after two long days of driving. I have alot of catching up to do and some stories to tell but I want to tell you this one first.

Wednsday night we camped at a California state campground about an hour north of Sacramento (you know, where Ahnold lives "Get you ahss to mahz!") near a town called Calusa. Anyway, as we were headed back to the highway in this farmland area, I see four tractors in front of this guys house, two blue and two orange. The blue ones were in back and the orange ones were in front. As I slowed to see what was going on, I noticed "For Sale" signs on only the orange ones. Both of them were Kiotis (or is that Kioties?). I double checked, no "For Sale" signs on the blue tractors. Can you imagine that?

Bonehead :flame2:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
See what you missed........

Ocean Shores, Washington

So much for swimming in the Ocean around here!!!!

OCEAN SHORES, WA
While the ocean vessel 'Dawn Raider' was commercial fishing for dogfish, this Great White was hooked in the mouth but only resisted slightly for 15 minutes before it came up alongside the boat to have a look; long enough for one of the crew members to slip a rope around it's tail !!! 'And that's when the s **t hit the fan!!. The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS, the boat was taking on water over the stern and the crew watched in horror as the shark would actually jump completely out of the water at times. This went on for an hour before the shark finally drowned.
She weighed in at 1035 LBS. It is suspected she followed a weak El Nino current into local waters in search of food. Although mid 60 deg. water is considered ideal for these sharks, the larger ones can tolerate water in the low 50s.

Attachments

• shark (450 x 600).jpg
    shark (450 x 600).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 133

BoneheadNW

Junk-

Slightly off topic, but before I forgot I wanted to thank you for all the "interesting" e-mails. One of my favorites is "bat day". Is that you on the video? :D :D :batterUp: :clubem:

Hey BA-

I heard a rumor that you are Mr. T in real life. Is that true? If so, can I have an autographed pic of your van from "The A team"? :14_6_12: Don't come a knockin if the van is a rockin! Can you tell I have been drinking (got to go back to work tomorrow).
Bonehead

OregonAlex

BoneheadNW said:
Doc-

Third, I could never live in a place that is as hot as hell most of the year.

Bone
I'll take a rainy day over a "hot as hell "day any day of the week... and here we have the lucky opportunity to experience it 7 days a week. ;-)

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
See what you missed........

Ocean Shores, Washington

So much for swimming in the Ocean around here!!!!

OCEAN SHORES, WA
While the ocean vessel 'Dawn Raider' was commercial fishing for dogfish, this Great White was hooked in the mouth but only resisted slightly for 15 minutes before it came up alongside the boat to have a look; long enough for one of the crew members to slip a rope around it's tail !!! 'And that's when the s **t hit the fan!!. The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS, the boat was taking on water over the stern and the crew watched in horror as the shark would actually jump completely out of the water at times. This went on for an hour before the shark finally drowned.
She weighed in at 1035 LBS. It is suspected she followed a weak El Nino current into local waters in search of food. Although mid 60 deg. water is considered ideal for these sharks, the larger ones can tolerate water in the low 50s.

Hey Junk,

I don't think this is from WA state. That crane/lift in the back has a 902 area code which is for Nova Scotia, Canada. I haven't heard of Great White's hanging out in the NW not to say that it couldn't happen. In general we just have to worry about the Killer Whales.

PB:yo: