• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hats off, To a legend in the Industry

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a shame I talked with him last year, and he made me 2 offers I almost couldn't refuse. Bill was a hell of a nice person. I had only had a conversation or two with him but it feels as if I lost a good friend. I guess that is the kind of person he was

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I had the honor of meeting Bill and his wife a few years ago . Great , Great people .

It is indeed a great loss not only to the Snow cat industry but to anyone who ever had the good fortune to meet him . May he RIP .

cabinboy

He was one of the most honest men that I have had the pleasure to meet. I got my first snowcat from him and a lot of helpful info. Mary you will be in our prays. Bill may you RIP.

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Well that's a shock! We bought our Imp from Bill in 2008 and have found some excuse to stop by Weiser every year or two to eyeball new (to me) machines. We were there in March to pick up some track jacks and new grousers. He was a true gentleman and a wealth of knowledge -- we've lost a real friend.

Ron

IMG_5314.JPG

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
How very tragic...I'm deeply saddened.

Bill was a total "Class Act". He was a wealth of knowledge that he generously shared with others. The snow cat world is pretty small and, as cloudcap said, "We've lost a real friend".

caldonia

Bill went out of his way to help me whenever I needed it. He came up with a manual for my Nodwell. last spring I stopped in looking for a blade. Low and behold he searched around the yard and found the exact blade that came of this machine over 20 years ago. He spent a good amount of time fussing with it and getting it ready to be transported and then gave me a killer deal on the price. It was a pleasure to meat him. Having met him only once I already miss him.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somehow that got missed on my end as well.

Bill was awesome, very supportive, and knowledgeable guy.

My first cat came from him...

What a bummer...

Short bus

I wanted a spare wheel and tire so Bill just sent me one no charge. It looked brand new. I paned to get even some how but I guess I never will.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd talked with Bill several times while looking for my Thiokol I really wanted to meet the man some day like you, ShortBus I can say its sad that now I never will.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most manufacturers and dealers are not interested in the hobby enthusiasts, or cabin owner, they want to make the big sale to some ski corperation or power company. Bill was perhaps the only dealer who would help out the individual.

He didn't sell 'junk', was very reasonably priced, and demonstrated a high degree of honesty and integrity. All admirable qualities.

I will definately miss Bill Guthrie.