• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting things ready for snow ...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the summer my Snow Trac sits up on top of a 4 post car lift. My 67 Jeepster sits in the prime garage bay in the middle of the garage.

We've had our first snowfall here, nothing like what people to our north have, but its early and possibly a harbinger of things to come. Today the weather is unseasonably warm so I took it as a sign.

Backed out all the lawn equipment that lives under the Snow Trac in the garage bay where the 4 post car lift sits. Lowered the Snow Trac and backed it out. I did need a bit of a top-off for the battery, but with the help of a charger it started right up.

So while the Snow Trac sat in the drive I went over and started the Jeepster. Or not :ermm: Hmm. Battery charger and try again. :neutral: Battery charger for a bit longer and try again :biggrin: It started up but clearly was not happy. Got it backed out and drove it over 3 bays to the car lift where it would spend the winter. The front tires hit the ramps to go up onto the car lift and the engine died. :mellow: Hit the ignition again and it fired right up, drove up the ramp onto the lift and things are looking up!

Back to the Snow Trac, moved it into the open bay. Hooked up the "battery tender" on the Snow Trac to keep it topped off. Back to the car lift and raised the Jeepster up into the air; before lifting it I hooked up another "battery tender" to the Jeepster so it will be good to go in the springtime.

Returned the lawn equipment to its spot, now under the Jeepster.

Out to the yard, there was a full pallet of Pine Bark Nuggets sitting next to one of the planter areas. 72 bags. All ripped open, all spread around to restore the planter.

Back to the garage, took the fork lift off the back of the tractor and put that away. I did NOT put the snow blower on the tractor. That is located in the other garage by the house. But its probably a bit too early to put the blower on the tractor. There may be a task or two that needs to be done before I hook up the blower.

Look up on the roof . . . the lovely Mrs_Bob was up there hooking up Christmas lights on the gutter. Apparently the theme this year is RED. She got the whole house done but didn't manage to get the lights on the trees or the other garage/guest house :hammer: SLACKER!

Things are ahead of schedule for snow season!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back inside. The lovely Mrs_Bob gave me the task of mowing the grass in the 'dog yard' so I took care of that chore.

That should be the last mowing of the season. Still have to clean up the mower, stabilize the gas, etc. But that can all be done at my leisure.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got back inside. The lovely Mrs_Bob gave me the task of mowing the grass in the 'dog yard' so I took care of that chore.

That should be the last mowing of the season. Still have to clean up the mower, stabilize the gas, etc. But that can all be done at my leisure.

I did my last mowing just before halloween. I should of done one more as the walk in the morning around my property with the puppy is a wet one (for her) But.....the mowers are stabilized and stored with the garage in winter mode so that's right where they are staying until April. :biggrin: Sounds like Mrs Bob keeps you as busy as Mrs. Butch. :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here it never ends. There are always 2 schedules.What needs done and what she wants done. There is always some conflict but I decide what gets done.:whistling:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your just trying to run it in to Al aren't you:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

I'm reading between the lines!

tom

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My one snowtrac is stored now in the 20' container and the battery is on intermittent charge in the barn. The snowtrac was previously stored in the back of the horsebox and the jeep in the container, I have swopped them round as moving trucks in the snow to get snowtracs out is a bit silly. The snowtrac now being reasonably available should ensure that we get little or no snow this year!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I put the plow on the pickup 2 weeks ago to move it and just left it on till I am done moving things around in the barn for winter. Got to fix the front axle in the suburban and line the vehicles up for inside storage for the winter.