• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fireworks?!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone doing them or going to something special?
It's raining (pretty hard) here, on-and-off so I'm not doing anything.
The neighbor gave me a "heads up" that he was going to do a loud BOOM so I knew something was coming, but holy crap, it was big!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone doing them or going to something special?
It's raining (pretty hard) here, on-and-off so I'm not doing anything.
The neighbor gave me a "heads up" that he was going to do a loud BOOM so I knew something was coming, but holy crap, it was big!
Nope.
I'm right here at home.
I can see the city fireworks from the street, if I go out on my patio, the neighbours always put on a big display over the pond behind me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We skipped the fireworks at camp last weekend for Canada day. On Monday night (actual July 1st) our neighbors set some off. We were already in bed trying to console our 12 yr old dog who was frantically panting and shaking uncontrollably for 30 minutes afterwards.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I mentioned in the first post that my neighbor let off a pretty big boom.
The shock wave was so powerful, it blew contents off of shelving in the house as well as my main outbuilding. Upon further review, in my other building (this one was a bit closer to the blast), it actually ripped the shelving off the walls. This is commercial shelving like what they use in grocery stores.
I'll be having a talk with him the next time I see him. Grrrr.

1720189430932.jpeg
1720189458238.jpeg

1720189391343.jpeg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Karma got the neighbor I guess.
I walked around his garage a couple hours ago. The blast took off some of his T-111 as well as the soffit on the blast side of the building. It also took out a medium size cherry tree which was leaning hard.
I was outside a few minutes ago and heard a tree cracking. Then the aforementioned cherry crashed onto his garage. It took a good twist while coming down so it didn't come down the center of the garage but it did bounce off it and take off some gutters.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've asked him to come over to talk. He yells over that he'll come over soon. Still hasn't come over. I "think" he's ashamed as he didn't really know the blast would be that big and I'm going to give him an ass chewing. I'm not. I'm just going to say to not do it again anywhere close to buildings.

I "heard" it was 50 pounds of t a n n e r i t e.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Grab a couple beers and walk over there. Break the ice.
Give him a list of enemies....
I'm old and drink a lot so a beer is not uncommon to be in my hand. ;)
I have no enemies.
Besides asking him not to do it again, the aforementioned tree needs addressed. I want to let him know that I'll help but he has to top the tree and I'll do the rest. It's laying over a creek and really needs removed. Oh, and let him know there's a hornet's nest right there where he has to top the tree.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He finally came over. Before I could say something myself, he said "never again".

Beside the aforementioned damage to his garage, the shock wave hit his house and:
Blew open the kitchen cabinets causing most of the contents to come crashing out. Some damage to the cabinets where they separated from the wall.
Blew out the frame of his exterior door.
Blew a lot of water out of the fish tank and damaged his living room carpet.
Blew most everything off every wall in his house.