• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finished my oldest project

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_1508.jpg
IMG_1506-2.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I started collecting Viking artifacts about 15 years ago, I concepted this project about 10 years ago and have been slowly making hafts for the spear and great axe and small axe, with other projects going at the same time it took a long time, plus some of the display pieces were not bought yet. I finished all the work on the artifacts to be ready for display last fall sometime and started building the rack, which was a project of its own. Hung it on the fireplace today. The pieces are all authentic ancient Viking, including the Helmet, ancient silver coins for the eyes, great axe, sword , spear , hand axe and knife. The shield is obviously a reproduction as I don't think there is an ancient one in existence being made of wood, I have seen a few shield bosses in museums and even those are in pretty rough shape.
Its now the Taylor coat of arms, our family tree is English, Irish, Danish and Norwegian. It doesn't get more viking than that. Its my oldest project thats now finished.