• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fans are better than sliced bread

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
If we lose power during the summer, we have to use fans in the house because the a/c is 3-phase and the back-up generator is single phase. It doesn't happen very often. It usually takes a couple of days without a/c before I have to dig out the fans. In the shop there is a big, honking, 40-year old window unit that is as noisy as hell but it does throw out some cold air.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I worked in a plywood mill on one of the hottest machines for ten years. It was basically a 6 level oven used to dry plywood veneer with huge blower fans blasting 400 degree heat on the wood to dry it as it passed through. At 7am, it was already over 40 celcius.

Right now, the humidity has been the killer. I can handle the heat. The moisture level in the air affects my bones and muscles.

cervbertr

I have the same situation that I can not live normally in the summer without vinetor it's just not possible. In addition, when you drive in a car and the fan does not work, it turns out to be a real microwave and in such cases it is impossible to go anywhere and move around.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My backup generator powers my AC, well pump, furnace and my pool heater. My workshop has its own HVAC.

Fans are nice, but I'll take a cool house, a cool shop and a warm swimming pool over a "shop fan" every day of the week.