• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Set Up Unannounced ID Checkpoint

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Its about time they go after the real terrorists. :doh:

Residents of Leesburg, Florida were shocked to see their local Social Security office turned into a random Homeland Security checkpoint Tuesday morning, as DHS officers armed with semiautomatic rifles and accompanied by sniffer dogs checked identifications of locals.​
010412shield1_h400.jpg

“With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building,” reports the Daily Commercial.
The activity was part of Operation Shield, an unannounced drill conducted by the DHS’ Federal Protective Service centered around “detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities.”
Thomas Milligan, district manager for the Social Security Administration office, said staff were not informed their offices were about to be stormed by armed FPS officers. DHS officials refused to answer questions asked by local media and left with no explanation at noon.
“Part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FPS is the federal law enforcement agency that provides integrated security and law enforcement services to over 9,000 federally-owned and leased buildings, facilities, properties and other assets,” states the report.
Indeed, the FPS is used for a variety of roles, not just limited to setting up unannounced ID checkpoints.
As part of the reinvention of the Department of Homeland Security to serve as a tool of political repression, the Federal Protective Service is used by the DHS to track the political activities of peaceful advocacy groups. The FPS was seen arresting photographers in Portland last November during an OWS rally.​

In 2004, the FPS arrested a veteran for the crime of complaining to his local VA office in Des Moines.
A separate component of Homeland Security, VIPR (Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response), recently received an expansion in funding from Congress that will see 2011′s figure of around 9,300 checkpoints increased with the addition of 12 new VIPR teams, who will be used to carry out security checks at bus depots, train stations, ferry ports and highways.
The extra money is being demanded despite the fact that there is “no proof that the roving viper teams have foiled any terrorist plots or thwarted any major threat to public safety,” according to an L.A. Times report.
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers-armed-with-semiautomatics-set-up-unannounced-id-checkpoint/

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
These are trial runs for the days of martial law that are coming. Look to see more of them as the year goes on.:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, just about two blocks from My factory,they are doing the same thing. A residence hotel full of folks on welfare entitlements is being systematicaly searched.

DHS and about thirty local police units on scene. So far, not one news service. But then this is the home of the St Louis Compost Dispatch.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I figured you would be on this story Cowboy! ;)

Interesting little organization that "Federal Protective Service", seems to be sort of a modern day SS carrying out the agenda of the ruling government. :(

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah they are being readied to team up with the youth organizers much like was done in the late 30's in another country we went to war against. Stock up for a long year!:w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I do not know how this will be played by the media here but it ended up in a fatal shooting.

Still waiting for details but when the authorities knocked on a door they received gunfire from the occupant. He is now deceased. Details are sketchy and the area is cordoned off.

Watch for news tonite from Wentzville MO. Perhaps.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do not know how this will be played by the media here but it ended up in a fatal shooting.

Still waiting for details but when the authorities knocked on a door they received gunfire from the occupant. He is now deceased. Details are sketchy and the area is cordoned off.

Watch for news tonite from Wentzville MO. Perhaps.

Franc,

Can you clarify something for me? The original article is an event happening in Florida. How does Missouri play into this? Is there another going on there?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc,

Can you clarify something for me? The original article is an event happening in Florida. How does Missouri play into this? Is there another going on there?

Check Post number three, 11:00 this morning. These same DHS guys (I believe) were set up two blocks from my factory this morning doing ID checks.

Coincidence?

Perhaps.:unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got it. Thanks.

We don't get the Wentzville MO news stations with our cable TV service so if you would, be kind enough to keep the info coming if/as you find out more. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got it. Thanks.

We don't get the Wentzville MO news stations with our cable TV service so if you would, be kind enough to keep the info coming if/as you find out more. :biggrin:

According to the media here in St Louis, a lone man was depressed and his relatives called in help because they feared he would harm himself. He was found dead of a gunshot, in his room.

Why the IPS vehicle was there with the Swat team and almost 50 police cars is kinda strange. Original reports were that 75 to 80 officers were on site. That has gone unexplained.

They did evacuate the hotel and locals I know have said ID's were checked.

As for the original report of the police facing gunfire, that too has disappeared from some of the news reports.
Strange:whistling:

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Police in town were pretty tight lipped about the "incident" today. couldn't get a word out of any about it.
Heres the thing, This was supposedly a distaught lone vagrant who's family was worried about him. The guy supposedly shot thru the door when they approached. That brought 50 Cop car, IPS and a SWAT team to the Hotel.

OK

Usually under those conditions, every available Cop in the County comes to the scene hot, fast, lights and siren.

No one heard a siren yesterday. And the lights were notrunning on any of the neatly parked police cars when my wife drove by.

By all appearances, this was an organized roust that went sour.:unsure: