• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Conspiracies fueled by the internet

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Why do some people have the hardest time believing the most direct explanation for major events? Don't get me wrong, I believe vigilance and healthy skepticism are not only good, but required for one's walk through this life.

But c'mon.

JFK. Truthers (I can't stand truthers). The birth certificate. And now, I'm reading about how UBL joined his 72 virgins long ago ("probably in Tora Bora").

Conspiracies tend to get exposed rather quickly. Why? Because not that many people can keep their mouths shut, and the media outlets waiting to cash in on such info are legion.

Oswald shot JFK. 9/11 was an attack on the US by Al Qaeda. Obama was born in Hawaii. Usama Bin Laden died at the hands of US Navy Seals on 5/1/2011 at approx. 3:30 p.m. EDT.

Why do some people have the hardest time believing the most direct explanation for major events? Don't get me wrong, I believe vigilance and healthy skepticism are not only good, but required for one's walk through this life.

But c'mon.

JFK. Truthers (I can't stand truthers). The birth certificate. And now, I'm reading about how UBL joined his 72 virgins long ago ("probably in Tora Bora").

Conspiracies tend to get exposed rather quickly. Why? Because not that many people can keep their mouths shut, and the media outlets waiting to cash in on such info are legion.

Oswald shot JFK. 9/11 was an attack on the US by Al Qaeda. Obama was born in Hawaii. Usama Bin Laden died at the hands of US Navy Seals on 5/1/2011 at approx. 3:30 p.m. EDT.

:applause:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Some people believe in ghosts and haunted houses too.:yum:

But yea.. i agree with what you are saying. :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely JP. Conspiracies are fueled exponentially by the internet.
Showing pictures of a dead UBL (or OBL) would not stop them either ...they could add fuel to the fire.

Now my question: I've seen news programs use UBL and others use OBL. Which is correct? :confused:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely JP. Conspiracies are fueled exponentially by the internet.
Showing pictures of a dead UBL (or OBL) would not stop them either ...they could add fuel to the fire.

Now my question: I've seen news programs use UBL and others use OBL. Which is correct? :confused:

"O"sama "b"bin "L"aden is correct as you can see:yum:

What is UBL?

From Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

Name

There is no universally accepted standard for transliterating Arabic words and Arabic names into English;[9] bin Laden's name was most frequently rendered "Osama bin Laden". The FBI and CIA, as well as other U.S. governmental agencies, have used either "Usama bin Laden" or "Usama bin Ladin", both of which may be abbreviated as "UBL". Less common renderings include "Ussamah Bin Ladin" and "Oussama Ben Laden" in the French-language media. Other spellings include "Binladen" or, as used by his family in the West, "Binladin". The spellings with o and e come from a Persian-influenced pronunciation also used in Afghanistan, where bin Laden spent many years.

The Arabic linguistic convention would be to refer to him as "Osama" or "Osama bin Laden", not "bin Laden" alone, as "bin Laden" is a patronymic, not a surname in the Western manner. In its expanded form, it means "Osama, son of Mohammed, son of Awad, son of Laden". According to bin Laden's son Omar bin Laden, the family's hereditary surname is "al-Qahtani" (Arabic: ‎القحطاني‎, āl-Qaḥṭānī), but bin Laden's father Mohammed bin Laden never officially registered the name.[10]

Osama bin Laden's admirers have referred to him by several aliases and nicknames, including the "Emir" (al-Amīr), the "Sheik" (aš-Šayḫ), "Abū ʿAbdāllāh", "Sheik al-Mujahid" (Šayḫ al-Muǧāhid), the "Lion" or "Lion Sheik",[11] and the "Director".[12

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
But we say "O"sama - not "U"sama. So are we saying it wrong?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
But we say "O"sama - not "U"sama. So are we saying it wrong?

Who knows? But your grammar is suspect.:poke::hide:

Holy jeepers! I was tryin' to stir up some contraversy, you farging iceholes.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Who knows? But your grammar is suspect.:poke::hide:

Holy jeepers! I was tryin' to stir up some contraversy, you farging iceholes.
Who cares...he's dead! That's the important thing. Let his 72 Virginians deal with it.:yum:

Ironman

Last I herd, them Virginians were a bunch of pigs wanting to do him! LOL!!

:D

zyj9r4.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just use lard! No need for fancy store bought stuff. As for conspiracies here is one. The ninth circuit is going to rule on the birther issue BEFORE the next election!:yum:

grizzer

Some people are duped to shill for Obama's Cass Sunstein, regulatory czar

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Presidential adviser wrote about crackdown on expressing opinions

[/FONT][SIZE=-1]Posted: January 14, 2010
12:30 am Eastern

[/SIZE]

By Aaron Klein
[SIZE=-1]© 2011 WorldNetDaily [/SIZE]
090916casssunstein.jpg

Cass Sunstein

In a lengthy academic paper, President Obama's regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, argued the U.S. government should ban "conspiracy theorizing."
Among the beliefs Sunstein would ban is advocating that the theory of global warming is a deliberate fraud.
Sunstein also recommended the government send agents to infiltrate "extremists who supply conspiracy theories" to disrupt the efforts of the "extremists" to propagate their theories.
In a 2008 Harvard law paper, "Conspiracy Theories," Sunstein and co-author Adrian Vermeule, a Harvard law professor, ask, "What can government do about conspiracy theories?"
"We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories."
In the 30-page paper – obtained and reviewed by WND – Sunstein argues the best government response to "conspiracy theories" is "cognitive infiltration of extremist groups."

Read more: Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=121884#ixzz1LXPcbWif

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Why do some people have the hardest time believing the most direct explanation for major events?

Because by nature, we human beings are a curious lot.

I believe Oswald shot JFK.. always have.

9/11 was a direct attack by Al Qaeda.. never questioned that.

I do believe Obama was born in Hawaii, but I wonder about some things the first lady has said in the past concerning this, and other so-called family members (in Kenya)?

Bin Laden is dead. A lot of the world's population would have loved to have seen the photographic proof of such.

By the way.. Go Navy! :D

Navy_SEALs_insignia-1-1-1.png