• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Consequences of Not Wearing a Seatbelt

BoneheadNW

A friend of mine who works for L.A County Fire sent me this photo of a woman who paid the consequences of NOT wearing her seatbelt. Gruesome picture but it gets the point across.
Bonehead

Attachments

• Woman through window.jpg
    Woman through window.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 111

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It took a while for me to get used to it ....and I fought it, but now I wear it all the time. So much that it feels funny to drive without it.
How about you?

BoneheadNW

I NEVER drive without a seat belt. Even if I am just backing one of the rigs into the garage, I automatically belt myself in. One of the few good habits I have!
Bone

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use to not wear a seat belt. In fact I had good reason to not wear one. I was in an accident back when I was 22 and was thrown out of the car. Went out the windshield. Would not be alive today if I had my seat belt on as the car exploded on impact. This is a freak deal and with time I just started wearing them and won't go without anymore. Besides the dang beeper you can't disconnect anymore.

murph

mak2

My first car was a 1970 ford galaxie with that front bench seat that was as wide and long as a sofa. I put armour all all over it and it was so slick when I turned a corner I slid clear out from under the steering wheel. Wore seatbelts ever since.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My first car was a 1970 ford galaxie with that front bench seat that was as wide and long as a sofa. I put armour all all over it and it was so slick when I turned a corner I slid clear out from under the steering wheel. Wore seatbelts ever since.

Ya, I did something similar in first stock car. It was a bench seat Chevy II. Was nervous as all hell. Forgot to put on the seat belt. But I ran the whole race like that. It was a 1/4 mile asphalt track. I used my left foot for the gas. I decided early on I was not going to use the brakes if I was racin, so it didn't matter that I would not be able to use the brake. My foot on the gas also helped hold me in place as I wedged it on the tranny hump. I was getting black flagged the whole time, but hell, what did I know about a black flag? White and checkered is all I cared about. It took a few races later until I got either one of them.