• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CIGAR REVIEW ~ La Gloria Cubana Serie R #7

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I was playing around with my stocks in the backroom of one of my tobacco shops today and a regular customer walked in to buy a bunch of premium cigars. He happened to drop one and it tore the wrapper. OK bad thing, its an expensive cigar, but he had a whole handful of them, plus some other expensive cigars, and he is a regular so we let it slide. I figured it would give me a chance to try one . . . and I just did that!

NICE CIGAR. We sell the La Gloria Cubana "Serie R #7" cigars for $9.49 each. (blame taxes for the high prices)

I was expecting a very robust full bodied cigar. This was milder than I expected, but not too mild. I'd rate still rate it a "full bodied" cigar. Best smoked out on the golf course or somewhere where you have plenty of oxygen because this is a BIG HONKIN cigar. 7" long and a huge 58 ring gauge. I did not have an hour + to smoke this whole thing, I'd bet it could give you a hell of a nicotine buzz if you smoked one and were not an experienced cigar smoker.

La Gloria Cubana Serie R #7 cigars emit their extra-bold bouquet from the moment you open the box. The full-bodied flavor comes from a special blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan tobaccos and a fully-aged, extra flavorful Ecuadorian wrapper. The result is a rich, full-flavored smoke that is not overwhelming, at least not when smoked outside. Inside it would probably cause the smoke alarms to go off, raise the ire of your better half, and generally make you dizzy for 2 days.

Still, this is a nice smoke. I wished I had a bench outside to sit and relax (note to self . . . buy a park bench!).

I snagged the photo off the internet.

Attachments

• CI-LGR-7N-400.jpg
    CI-LGR-7N-400.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 136

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey !:clap:
Thats great ! I'll have to try one .Price seems rather low after what I been seeing for Cigar cost out here on the West Coast . Do you guys ship ???
Thanks,
Allen

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you guys ship ???
No, but I'm not sure why not! I guess because we've never had anyone ask yet.

Prices vary pretty wildly from state to state, largely because of the taxes levied by the various states. I suspect you can get the same cigar in Panama for about 40% less than here in the US. I think some of the Pacific NW states might be a lot higher than we are in Indiana, we don't have a low tax, ours is in the middle of the tax range (24% tobacco tax).