• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CIGAR REVIEW: Kahlua Tubo by Drew Estates

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've to a KALUHA TUBO in my mouth now. This is NOT a serious cigar, its a coffee/Kahlua flavored cigar, but its a biggie. 6" long, roughly a 60 ring gauge. So while this cigar is not going to stack up next to your favorite Cohiba, Ashton or Bolivar, its still a good cigar for a flavored cigar.

The KAHLUA line of cigars are DISCONTINUED but many shops still have some in stock. They are quality flavored cigars. Normally "quality" and "flavored" do not belong in the same sentence, but the Kaluha line was made by the folks at DREW ESTATES and they know how to make a good cigar. Unfortunately Kahlua stopped the production a while back (early 2008?) by terminating its agreement to license its name.Drew Estates also makes the very popular ACID line of cigars.

The TUBO is the biggest of the Kaluha cigars I've seen. Going down in size respectively, they have a Robusto and a Corona. Perhaps another couple sizes too? Not really sure on how many sizes they made, I've tried all three of those mentioned. All taste pretty much the same but the bigger cigars tend to smoke a bit cooler.

These are great cigars for smoking INSIDE because people actually comment that they smell good. They are also VERY MILD. A novice can smoke these and not turn green, get a major head buzz, or vomit! So again, your not going to sit down and sip a stiff single malt while enjoying this cigar. These are much better smoked along side a LITE beer, a cup of coffee, or something else that is not heavily flavored.

2-1-1.jpg

Because these are quality cigars they burn very evenly, they smoke well, and they are probably the most expensive of the flavored cigars you are likely to find. While many flavored cigars are in the $0.59 to $2.99 price range, its common to find the KALUHA TUBO in the $7.50 to $9.00 range, the smaller sizes are priced in the $3.50 to $6.00 range.

One of the best things about these cigars is the flavor stays with the cigar for the whole smoking experience. Many flavored cigars have a dipped end, so you get a big burst of flavor when you start smoking but the flavor wanes over time. Not so with these. What you start with is what you finish with.

If you can find them, I recommend them. Great for summer picnics or BBQs, great while golfing, weddings, etc. Anywhere you are having fun, this is a good cigar to try. If you can find them. They will probably be all gone by mid-summer. I know of no wholesalers that still have these in stock so if you find a retailer that has some, he probably can't get any more (other than what is stocked in his back room).