• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Black Friday

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, today's "Black Friday" and is the shopping "high holiday" for Mrs. Zoom.

It won't be the 5:00 am start as it was in previous years (since we now have the kids and I too have to go) but I guess there's some sort of rule that she HAS TO go shopping today.

Luckily for me, I "think" we're only going to a couple stores and our list is pretty short.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I have to go out too, but only to our annual trip to Ikea. My wife does all of our Christmas shopping two weeks after Christmas. She really is a good woman....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked retail 20+ years ago. Since doing that I've never shopped on Black friday, or thanksgiving weekend in general. My wife and I purposly avoid shopping those days. The bucks I'd save are not worth the aggrivation the shopping would cause. JMHO. I works for me.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't think of it but another good reason I scheduled the surgery when I did...:D ! Cheryl isn't even going cause she's playing nurse Hatcher and she obviously enjoys harassing me more than shopping!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
We're heading off to Sears and Lowe's but to the store locations that on any other day never have more than a dozen cars in the lot. Today.... maybe 2 dozen. We should be OK.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My kid and his girlfriend came with my wife and me today. Went to Ikea, than to Bobak's in Chicago (a Polish deli - my wife's Polish), bought a bunch of real Polish sausage, then to my Ma's condo, than back downtown ChiTown. Was going to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner - but it was packed. So we drove all the way back to Michigan and ate dinner at the Red Arrow Roadhouse for dinner.

Sort of a wasted day for me, but the wife is happy.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
waybomb said:
My kid and his girlfriend came with my wife and me today. Went to Ikea, than to Bobak's in Chicago (a Polish deli - my wife's Polish), bought a bunch of real Polish sausage, then to my Ma's condo, than back downtown ChiTown. Was going to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner - but it was packed. So we drove all the way back to Michigan and ate dinner at the Red Arrow Roadhouse for dinner.

Sort of a wasted day for me, but the wife is happy.
OK Fred,

15 minutes at Ikea then spent the rest of the day on food?!??
I "think" I did better. Look in the "tool deals" thread.
If Mrs. WB is happy, maybe you'll get... (forget it, I shouldn't go there).