• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alaska town gets 18' of snow!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-08-20-01-21

71dff3c6-1af5-41c1-8e7f-8921efa91437-big.jpg

In this Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012 photo provided by the Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, a house is buried in snow in the fishing town of Cordova, Alaska. Residents have turned to the state to help them dig out of massive snow levels that have collapsed roofs, triggered avalanches and even covered doors, trapping some people in their homes. (AP Photo/Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Erv Petty)

Well it is obvious where all of MY snow has been shipped to. We've been very dry here with only snow flurries and no real accumulation. But apparently parts of Alaska have gotten so much snow they don't know what to do with it!

Alaska town tries to dig out from huge snow dump

By RACHEL D'ORO
Associated Press

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Dozens of National Guard troops have arrived to help an Alaska fishing town dig out from massive snows that have collapsed roofs, trapped some people in homes, and triggered avalanches.

Cordova is used to snow, but not like this season's blanketing.

The Guard reported more than 18 feet of snow has fallen in the past weeks, although the National Weather Service did not immediately have a measurement.

"There's nowhere to go with the snow because it's piled up so high..."
The story continues with tales of building collapses, and other serious problems.

Its now wonder we haven't gotten any, the Alaskan's are hogging all of it!

SnowtracUSA

This guy says he would come and help save the people but he needs some time to do some repairs :whistling:

Attachments

• KT3 Kristi (serial 00044) being dug out in 1993 at Perisher Chair ex SEC then Perisher Chairlift.jpg
    KT3 Kristi (serial 00044) being dug out in 1993 at Perisher Chair ex SEC then Perisher Chairlift.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 336

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Al dosn't need to do repairs he just needs s snot trac to pull him aound to do his humanitarian work

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Big Al dosn't need to do repairs he just needs s snot trac to pull him aound to do his humanitarian work

Go ahead and laugh .... The important thing is I am out there ......somewhere ...

..... When I do show up you will be jealous and wonder how the Grand Poobaa Of Kristy Kritters snuck up on you !!!!:wow::w00t2:
Be afraid .....be very afraid .....:w00t2::w00t2::sad: