• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

AAA alaska style

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
a gotract gt 2002 3 miles up the Solomon river seems the guy paid to service it in seattle forgot to check oil levels in the planetary's. it looks to have no significant damage so I will be putting them back together and filling with oil. i know you all likely laugh at how my old truck looks like a POS. now you see why takes a tough truck to put up with 20 plus years of this kind of abuse.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 269
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 280

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That truck is a classic work truck. I would love to own it just because I could still work on it. They still had real drivetrains back then. Be proud of it Don.:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks I kind of thought you all secretly was laughing at me, like we do to the krusty owners because I picked the most unpopular truck to find aftermarket support for. it's ugly and hammered now but still gets 20 plus miles per gallon and pulls a load it can't stop in day it will get some new body panels and a fresh coat of paint. like the highway men the drivetrain will always be around and around. I also am planning out an air suspension for all 4 corners to try to smooth out these dirt roads.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My old boss had a blue Dodge like that. When I replaced the door hinges on the drivers door he almost hurt himself cause it would close without lifting up on the door. He had drove around with it half latched for at least 3 years. Then one nasty storm it drifted snow in the cab so bad we decided to fix it for him.:w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
glad you all like the dodge now back to the rig in the back ground it's a gotract gt 2000, with a pole setter rig on it, and a 425 horse silver 92 Detroit even though the final planetary hubs were run low on oil seems tha no major damage was done even the wheel berings looked pretty good i'm making a bearing nut socket tonight and we will go back out clean and re assemble the planets and fill with a good 90 wt oil

You get all the fun jobs dds, at least you didn't have to split the track to get to the final drive. What were the symptoms to make the operator think there was a problem? Temps too high?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
he had crossed the water and saw lots of steam coming off the hub he got out and touched it after crossing the water and it put blisters on his fingers it was so hot. when I pulled it down all the planets ran free bearings had been a little warm but still looked good and the ring also looked good. there had to have been some wear in the ring and planets as there was lots of metal stuck to the magnetic plugs.