• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

8 Cans Taco Soup

This is a quick 'n easy soup to put together. My husband and I especially enjoyed this soup the next day, as the seasonings seem to meld together in the soup a bit more. We also enjoyed the soup along with grilled cheese sandwiches.

8 Cans Taco Soup

-
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes

-

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef

3/4 cup diced onion

2 (1-oz.) packets Old El Paso 25% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix

1 (1-oz.) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix

2 cans of beef broth (14.5 oz.) each

1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano

1 (10-oz.) can (mild) diced tomatoes & green chilies

1 (16-oz.) can Bush's Light Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed

1 (16-oz.) can Bush's Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed

1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained & rinsed

1 can (15.25-oz.) whole kernel corn, drained

1.) In a large kettle or Dutch oven, add the ground beef and onion. Cook the ground beef till it browns, and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess grease.

2.) Add the cooked beef back to kettle, then sprinkle the packets of taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix, over the meat. Stir well to incorporate the seasonings into the meat.

3.) Add remaining ingredients into the kettle; stir, and simmer the soup (uncovered) for about an hour. Stir the soup occasionally while it's simmering.

4.) Ladle soup into bowls and serve.

5.) Yields: One large kettle of soup (or about 12 cups)

I happened to post this recipe at the Just-A-Pinch recipe website, which the Kitchen Crew had stated:

"No matter how much experience you have in the kitchen, you can make this taco soup recipe.
It's a basic dump-and-go recipe. The taco and ranch seasonings add all the flavor to this simple soup. There's plenty of meat for it to be hearty. The combination of beans is perfect. Corn gives the soup just a touch of sweetness. We served ours with tortilla chips and cheese, but that's just a suggestion.
Sour cream and avocado chunks would be great too. If you think your soup is too thick, just add one can of water to thin it a little."

Attachments

• 8 Cans Taco Soup.jpg
    8 Cans Taco Soup.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 8 Cans Taco Soup (2).jpg
    8 Cans Taco Soup (2).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Taco Seasoning Mix I used in the Meatloaf.  Which has 25% Less Sodium..JPG
    Taco Seasoning Mix I used in the Meatloaf. Which has 25% Less Sodium..JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 8 Cans Taco Soup_.JPG
    8 Cans Taco Soup_.JPG