• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'74 or '77 (huh??) Imp 1404 (not mine)

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
This Imp popped up today in Grand Junction. Seems a bit heavy on asking price, but what doesn't these days?

1977 Thiokol Imp Snow Cat V4 Ford Engine, manual transmissions, only 337 hours (like almost new). Runs and drives great. Goes almost anywhere.

1646194167977.png

Last edited:

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I doeknow. I think you guys are living in the past where money was still worth something. The good on this one is it is amazingly unmolested. As in I don't see a bunch of sprayed on bed liner, pop riveted repair panels, carpet glued on with construction adhesive, stupid looking lighting, monster sound system, junkyard car seats, skull shifter knobs, decals, weird paint job, and/or other similar 'improvements' that seem to be part of a lot of second hand snowcats these days. Kinda looks 'low mile, adult driven' to me.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the giant idler and doubled grousers at the buckle is odd to me. doesn't mean it is, ( grousers seem worn for 337 hours) to my point the machine and narrow tracks look unmolested, but I am very skeptical about snow cats with low hours.

40 year old machine
total idling and operating time less than 10hrs per year?

Ok

$.02

Wyfler

I sold that snowcat to that seller last year. I bought it off of a ranch in SE Colorado. I was the 2nd owner, the ranch bought it new to feed cows following a blizzard back in the 70's. It was never used recreationally, only used when needed during winters to feed cows. They also bought a Thiokol sled with it to haul hay behind the Imp. When I bought it they wanted 500.00 for the sled, but I let them keep it.
They kept it up well enough it would start and run if needed, but gave it nothing extra. Was kept in a barn its entire life. I can vouch for the history and low hours.
It was run down but not abused. Just a collection of things that added up over the years. Generally, ranchers are not known for their mechanical aptitude. When I owned it I rebuild all the bogeys with new bearings and seals, new rear axle bearings, rebuilt the transmission, new master cylinders. He bought it to go up to cellphone towers around Grand Junction.
It's not a 77 model, I am not sure but I thought it was a 72 or 73. But the s/n is 777, maybe that's what he meant to say.

Last edited: