• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4T10 #183 FOR SALE $3,500.00

socal4t12

As introduced last week, Im selling my 1961 Thiokol 4T10, and everything that I have acquired for the low low price of $3,500.00. https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/thiokol-4t-regristration-page.11663/post-110410

Let me first state that the cat suffered some damage from the 2020 Bobcat fire in Southern California resulting in some of the side and bottom panels melting away. Then the local tweakers found it and tried to remove some of the siding as well. There is still plenty of good material there, but it will need to be re-skinned. Everything was removed and stored in the garage approximately 12 years ago, and has only seen the light of day for the pictures Ive taken over the last week. The unit is currently on a trailer with rollers to allow for movement. Will fit on a standard U-Haul car trailer (just claim your transporting a 1966 Dodge Cornet or similar). EVERYTHING GOES together, I am not parting it out. I will transport everything for an additional $700.00 to Vegas, Needles, Reno, or Sacramento and help transfer all the items. I can also crate items if you or your transport company has forklift capabilities. Buyer to arrange shipping.

The following items have ZERO miles and have been stored indoors for the past 12 years: Rebuilt Ford 223 motor (.030 over), Rebuilt T87 transmission, 4-rolls of belting with holes punched (from Fall Line in Reno Nv), New track bolts and backing plates, Resurfaced Ford 223 flywheel, Ford 223-T87 bellhousing, Ford 223 Rocker arms and head, 7-Power divider clutch plates, 2-Resurfaced drive sprockets, Rebuilt radiator, Custom cut Dana 70 axle shafts, Original FOMOCO Holly carburetor (new old stock), ALL bearings and seals for the entire cat.

The following items are all original and have been stored indoors for the past 12 years: Data plate (with poss USAF vehicle tag), 6-Side windows, 2-Front windows (maybe door windows), 1-Rear window, Original UNITY spot lights and rear lights, Headlight hoops, Original side markets, All driveshafts, All linkages, Stacks of documentation and parts lists, CD with 4T manual, Copy of 4T manual (printed), Copy of 2100 Packmaster manual (printed), 3-Coffee cans full of nuts/bolts, Escape hatch, Original Dashboard with all original gauges/switches/lights, Original SunPro Tac Transmitter, 2-Heater units, Window molding sections (reference only).

Other items: 2-Fuels tanks, 5-Rims (no tires), 1-Rim (with tire), 2-Custom cut Dana 70 axle housings (with connecting flanges, carriers, hubs), All track cleats with wheel guides, Original power divider, All chassis items.

There are too many items to list individually. I have plenty of picture and have only placed the major ones here. If you are interested, I will send more information. It is a true barn find basket case. This retired USAF 4T10 is a huge piece of history and needs a good home and family. Please send me an individual message and I will respond to all those interested. Looking at clearing everything out in the next 30 days if possible.

I also have a DMC 3700 frame and final drive sprockets if interested in making a conversion.

Attachments

• IMG_6671.JPG
    IMG_6671.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 340
  • IMG_6693.JPG
    IMG_6693.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 346
  • IMG_6694.JPG
    IMG_6694.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_6692.JPG
    IMG_6692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 284
  • Engine.jpeg
    Engine.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 264
  • T87right.JPG
    T87right.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 258
  • RearEnds.JPG
    RearEnds.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 252
  • Belting.JPG
    Belting.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 256
  • DividerFront.JPG
    DividerFront.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 242
  • Windows.Front.Back.jpeg
    Windows.Front.Back.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
  • Clutches.JPG
    Clutches.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 232
  • Docs.JPG
    Docs.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 227
  • DriveSprokets.JPG
    DriveSprokets.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 217
  • Windows.Side.jpeg
    Windows.Side.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6672.JPG
    IMG_6672.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6676.JPG
    IMG_6676.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6681.JPG
    IMG_6681.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6687.JPG
    IMG_6687.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_6688.JPG
    IMG_6688.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 255
What width are the the tracks? My 4T8N could use new belting, some better grousers, and the recovered drive sprockets would be great! My tracks are 31”.
Also how many clutch plates do you have? I believe there are 20 some for each clutch. If I remember correctly the low clutches are composite and the high are steel.
Downside to this whole affair- I could probably afford to buy it, but the gas bill to pick up, and Chocolate, Flowers, and Wine to pacify the Better Half are ???

socal4t12

There is 7 of the composite clutch plates. The cheapest I found them (years ago) was $200 from John Deere.
The tracks are 32" long x 1 1/4" square.

The cat is located approximately 45 minutes north of Burbank Airport. Easy button idea would be to fly in, hit the local U-haul for a small truck and trailer then go from there. Plenty of wine and flower shops on the way home Im sure.

EVERYTHING GOES TOGETHER

socal4t12

Thank you all for your interest. The forum has provided so much assistance over the years with this project. Thankfully, Thiokol #183 has found a good home and will continue to be rebuild back to its original glory. Im sure over the coming months more will be posted here. Keep wrenching and keep'em running. Safe days and pleasant nights to all.