• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1975 Bronco Snow Machine

shopman

I know - I feel like a traitor... :hammer:

But not really - I'm going to use my new rig to give me more options and allow me time to work on either of them, plus this setup will allow me access to cabin during mud seasons - Fall & Spring about 2 to 4 weeks each season... also, I've already found it won't go everywhere the Cat will!

I've seen some threads lately about similar tracks and some different setups... unfortunately I don't have the talent of Farm-Tim and others to build my own so instead of another snowcat or snowmobile I decided to get these babies, since I already had a good vehicle!

Here is my 1975 Bronco with Tracks for driving in the snow! My dad bought this Bronco new in 1975 while I hoped he'd let me drive it someday - then about 10 years ago he was nice enough to give it to me
grin.gif
I then through the years had it painted, new roll bar, new sweet exhaust, new wheels & tires and a few minor upgrades... Engine is 302 and original with 65,000 miles on it - runs great,
wink.gif

But then, about 2 months ago I decided that I didn't use it enough - I keep it at my cabin above Pitkin, CO at 10,000 feet... So, it sits in the shed there all winter unable to get out... access by snow vehicles only in the winter. Found these sweet tracks that bolt right on to hubs (Take wheels off - bolt these on) What a blast!! They go most places, unless the snow is too sugery and deep - fun times now in the winter too!

Have some pictures and check out this short YouTube video that my wife took to see it in action.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esuPHLGowvs"]YouTube - Bronco_Tracks[/ame]

Looking forward to hearing comments, though I expect a ration of crap... I also have all the info for these tracks if anyone is interested... Ordered mine through member Mtntopper or PM me or email me at shopman2@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Seeing_if_stuck.jpg
    Seeing_if_stuck.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 554
  • Pulled_Right_Out.jpg
    Pulled_Right_Out.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 546
  • Bronco-Yamaha-4T10.jpg
    Bronco-Yamaha-4T10.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 560

tomelroy

that thing looks sweet. How fast does it go? would like to see some video of what type of conditions limit it and then see the 4t going were the bronco wont. What kind of tracks are they?

shopman

I'll try to get a video like that sometime soon - actually snowing here right now, so maybe tomorrow??

Have only had them on for a week, but the snow conditions make a difference and it seems you need a little base somewhere below them - the sugar snow is bottomless here in places. But, if there is a packed base wide enough they are awesome - I'm being careful so far, but had it over 25mph up & down the mountain - some videos of the company show up to 50mph on solid ground!

The first & second picture - I thought I was stuck, but then put it into low range & drove right out - 2+ feet deep hole, but 4 feet total snow depth.

American Track Trucks is the company...

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
COOL !!!

I'd be putting tracks like that on my Dakota if I had the $

( I'd rather put them on my Bronco but it burned..... :ermm: )

shopman

Old Trucker... had the exhaust built by a really good guy in town here - I will try to find brand, but I remember him saying it was a flow thru muffler - but not a pure glass pack and larger tail pipe, but still original exhaust manifold...

Pixie... that sucks about your Bronco!

Echo 8... yes, I need that forum to keep it running and make some improvements!

Had a major power steering leak and very hard to steer without power! Just have to replace hoses and I'll be back in business...

shopman

I know, I know... :whistling:

But, I figure that I can keep one running at least to get up & down the mountain!

Right now the Bronco is down and the Cat is running great!!