• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Willie Nelson pays tribute to the Border Patrol in new album

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are a lot of agencies that should not be politicized and the Border Patrol is one of those.

Glad to see Willie Nelson stand up and pay them a nice tribute.

Willie Nelson Pays Tribute to Border Patrol Officers in New Cover of ‘The Border’​

David Ng16 Mar 2024​
US musician Willie Nelson performs during the Farm Aid Music Festival at the Ruoff Music C
SUZANNE CORDEIRO/AFP via Getty Imagesnone​
Country music legend Willie Nelson is paying tribute to border patrol officers by releasing a new cover of “The Border,” the 2019 song by Rodney Crowell.​
The tribute may strike some as less than apt since Nelson endorsed Joe Biden back in 2020, when the then-candidate promised to open the southern border and reverse then-President Donald Trump’s border security and immigration measures.​
“The Border” is part of Willie Nelson’s new album of the same name that the singer said will be released on May 31.​
In his rendition of Crowell’s song, Nelson takes the perspective of an officer with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “There’s a price on the head of every border patrol,” he sings. “Where the smugglers do business, that’s where I make a stand.”​
Later, he sings: “I come home to Maria in a bulletproof vest, with the weight of the whole wide world bearing down on my chest.”​
“The Border” was co-written by Crowell and Allen Shamblin. It was featured in Crowell’s 2019 album Texas.​