• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 4VL registration page

Thefatsquatch

The tracks were changed out at some point, I do not know what the "new" tracks are from. All the parts are mild steal and every 5th one was a double stack of square tubing (picture is a single). The original belting was too short and was extended to fit this machine. Most of the wheel guilds are welded permanently like the part on top. When I got done every 4th one is now a double, which go straight across with a small welded pad in the middle.
I have a machine shop in Sheridan, WY that says they will make a mold to make more of the wheel guides as I have been unable to locate any this size available anywhere. I can tell you from experience changing the belting on these tracks is really hard work. There are 64 grousers on each track 10 bolts in each for a total of 640 bolts per tracks.
I will have some tire guides left over once I get my tracks done. I am running the wooden ones, but per the navy test up in Alaska, I am running short tracks every 3rd grouser, and studded caps every other long grouser. But it looks like they just used the old tire guides and welded on some tube. New guides might be a good plan, simply because they wear thin, but I certainly can set my extras aside for you. That certainly is a sweet Trackmaster! Is there plenty of publicly accessible property in WY to cat around in?

Yancey

There is quite a few places to go in Wyoming, most of the BLM and forest service roads are available. You could even go visit Yellowstone in the winter. They have strict requirements and many snow machines do not meet them, but snowcats do. I am hoping to try in the next few years to go tour it in the winter.

Our cat was purchased from an auction for work, we run a two way radio company and need to get up mountain tops to the radio sites. Many of the hills we go to are closed to the public, but we get to follow the radio site easements with permission.

I would be grateful to have all the old tire guides when you get done with them. Just let me know what you need to get them shipped our way. I am hoping to eventually change all mine to the ones with the bolt on setup. Without the bolts I have to take off minimum of 5 grousers just to get one off. I am hesitant to do much right now as I don't want to mess one up when I do not have a spare.

I have a local fabricator who will make the grousers, but he cannot make the tire guides.

I hope this helps