• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow cat in the news doing snow cat things

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics in that story, here are a couple. The story in the link in the OP has a couple more pictures.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 11.35.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 11.35.37 AM.png

BoyToys

"Let someone know..." That's a big no sheet Shirlock. I live alone, pleasantly free of wifedom, old and retired with friends not real close but still...I tell at least one person when venturing out into anything risky.
I once knew a guy who worked for me, would hit the deep back country alone on his snowmobile, hampered with serious stenosis of his spine. Death wish, looking to freeze and die if broke down.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Let someone know..." That's a big no sheet Shirlock. I live alone, pleasantly free of wifedom, old and retired with friends not real close but still...I tell at least one person when venturing out into anything risky.
I once knew a guy who worked for me, would hit the deep back country alone on his snowmobile, hampered with serious stenosis of his spine. Death wish, looking to freeze and die if broke down.
Several of us have SPOT satellite emergency devices or Garmin, Zoleo, BivyStick, etc satellite emergency devices. There is a Satellite Communications area here on the Forums. Personally I use a SPOT X, largely because I wanted a stand alone device and only needed North America. Many favor the Iridium satellite system as it is a true global system. I broke down cost comparisons in one of the threads, speed tests show the Iridium systems with faster transmission times, but SPOT's Globalstar system has not failed me in my use and the plans, especially with the SPOT X unit, allow for a lot more flexibility at a lower price.