• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Seriously Misleading Journalism and other Bullish!# is real election interference

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is trash.

And I'm sure my uber liberal sister-in-law is lapping it all up and spreading it around among her friends. As are many others. And this is the kind of crap that so-called journalists do all the time.

Take a look at this headline and the sub-text and the first line of the story . . . would you guess that his remarks were about the US auto market and the financial bloodbath that would incur if we let Chinese EVs into the nation without tariffs and regulations?

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 3.01.03 PM.png

In fact, nowhere in the entire story from the MIRROR is anything about the US automotive market mentioned.

Nowhere in the story is there any mention of Chinese imports. No mention of the automotive market.

Plenty of stuff about Trump's character. Some stuff about Trumps legal issues.
A bunch of stuff about an Ohio candidate and a fake story (it was debunked elsewhere) about "Adult Friend Finder"

Stuff about Mike Pence not endorsing Trump too.
A whole laundry list of things the speech was NOT about, and nothing in context to what his remarks were actually about.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
These are the words of President Trump.
I dare anyone to defend the article above, after reading the direct quote below.

Directly from a transcript of what he said.

If you’re listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends — but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now … you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected.
Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it […] It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
POLITICO, which is a solid left wing news source, has no clue what the "bloodbath" remark is all about. They literally say they don't understand. They do point out he was talking about the auto industry, but then they selectively edit the quote and parse out the context. So WTF are they seriously misleading people or are they seriously stupid?

And just like the MIRROR story, Politico spins off topic after parsing Trumps words, claiming they don't know the context and then bring up Pence . . . etc etc etc

Trump says country faces ‘bloodbath’ if Biden wins in November

While it was unclear what the former president meant exactly, the remarks came as Trump was complaining about the automobile industry.

Donald Trump speaks at a Buckeye Values PAC rally in Vandalia, Ohio.
He then returned to telling the crowd that China would not be able to sell any vehicles imported into the U.S. if he wins reelection.
Trump frequently paints a dark picture of the country as he lays out his case against President Joe Biden ahead of November’s presidential rematch. And he often employs increasingly heightened rhetoric when addressing the felony charges he is facing in his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in the run-up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.
The events of Jan. 6 are a heavy presence throughout his campaign events, as Trump continues to decry the election he lost four years ago. As he often does, Trump opened Saturday’s rally with a recording of Jan. 6 prisoners singing the national anthem. Saluting the crowd, Trump then said he would issue pardons for the Trump-supporting “hostages” on the first day of his presidency.
“You see the spirit from the hostages. And that’s what they are — hostages,” Trump said in the opening words of his rally.
The Biden-Trump rematch is set to be an ugly race, in which both candidates will elevate the Capitol attack. Biden has continued to invoke Jan. 6 in his own speeches, warning that the outcome in November matters for the fate of democracy. The attack remains a political danger for Republicans and Trump’s campaign this year.
Former Vice President Mike Pence broke with Trump on Friday, announcing that he would not endorse him in 2024. On Jan. 6, Trump supporters at the Capitol called for Pence to be hanged after Trump made him a target for his refusal to aid efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
The Biden campaign seized on Trump’s Saturday remarks.
“This is who Donald Trump is: a loser who gets beat by over 7 million votes and then instead of appealing to a wider mainstream audience doubles down on his threats of political violence,” Biden campaign spokesperson James Singer said in a statement.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly thank goodness for Musk buying Twitter. It used to be a censored hell hole of leftist crap. It is now the most meaningful and accurate media, also often the fastest source!

IMG_1194.jpeg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:bonk: I'm speechless. :pat:

So I saw some of the headlines . . . then I saw the transcript.

I tend to look for sources.

I tend to try to hear/read what people actually say. So I did a simple search.

To say I was shocked, and pissed off, is a bit of an understatement.

Literally took longer to type up my comments than it took to find the transcript, and it took almost no time at all to find a bunch headlines that are outright lies and total misrepresentations that don't even resemble factual news.

Seriously, go to Twitter. Subscribe to a bunch of news sources, both sides. Subscribe to Elon Musk. Subscribe to your Senators and Representatives. Subscribe to the sports team or special interests of your desire. But Twitter is where you will find the truth if you are looking for it. And I only occasionally go there, I need to look more often.

The speech . . .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I noticed that some of the articles have been re-written after being called out by the truth police!

But not on the official Biden-Harris political posts, because if you tell a lie often enough it becomes true?

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 8.05.16 PM.png