• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new Tolkien book has been released!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolkien and Middle-earth.

It is finally out and available at major retailers. Due to the high-quality paper needed for the colored images, the physical copy usually runs between $34-39. However, the eBook version is under $10. I would love your support if you're able to help.

The Road Goes Ever On and On|Paperback​

J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth has captured the imaginations of millions of readers around the world for generations. He is considered the father of modern fantasy, but few understand how Tolkien’s worldview impacted his mythology. The Road Goes Ever On and On is the first book of its...

Blurb

J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth has captured the imaginations of millions of readers around the world for generations. He is considered the father of modern fantasy, but few understand how Tolkien's worldview impacted his mythology. The Road Goes Ever On and On is the first book of its kind to place Tolkien within his proper context, giving the reader a deeper understanding of Tolkien and Middle-earth. Smith takes us on a quest through a wide range of Tolkien's writings to unlock Tolkien's perspective—a perspective that, like the elves who have sailed into the West leaving Middle-earth, has faded away from our world.

You will gain an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien's views on politics, environmentalism, religion, and much more. From the Valar to Hobbits, the free peoples closely follow Tolkien's sentiments. In contrast, forces under the Shadow represent what Tolkien believed was immoral. Covering a wide range of topics, The Road Goes Ever On and On is filled with breathtaking illustrations bringing Middle-earth to life like never before, making this the 'one book to rule them all.'

Reviews

Engrossing... Tolkien's principles—patriotism, Medievalism, localism, Catholicism—are certainly out of fashion today. And yet they're the foundation for all his books, which have sold hundreds of millions of copies. Mr. Smith does a wonderful job of explaining why modern readers are so enthralled by Tolkien's reactionary vision. Whether you're a casual Lord of the Rings fan or a serious Tolkien scholar, every page of Mr. Smith's book will delight and fascinate. And if anyone ever tells you that fairy-tales are only for children, hand him this book. Tolkien ought to be regarded as one of the great social critics of our time, as Mr. Smith so masterfully demonstrates.
-Michael Warren Davis is an editor for Sophia Institute Press and the author of The Reactionary Mind: Why Conservative Isn't Enough. You can find him on his blog, The Common Man.

As the popularity of Tolkien's work continues to endure, the importance of Jeb Smith's work continues to grow. This is because of a prolonged siege against Tolkien's work: the attempt to dislodge it from its Christian and Biblical foundations. Jeb Smith's insights are immensely helpful to this and future generations of Tolkien admirers.
Scott L. Smith, author of Lord of the Rings and the Eucharist

*[EDIT BY MODERATOR] - we edited out the direct links to the book at various websites because Isaac C Bishop is a new member. As members become more involved in the ForumsForums we allow product links. But for new members we don't allow direct promotion. If anyone is interested in this book, feel free to do a web-search for the title, it is available from major booksellers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While we don't allow newcomers to provide direct links, if you are a Tolkien fan (like I am) you may want to look this up on Barns & Nobel or Amazon. It may be on other sites too. My daughter and I are huge Tolkien fans so this may end up in our shopping cart.

There are similarly titled books.

If interested in the book you want to look for the book written by author Jeb Smith:

The Road Goes Ever On and On​

While we don't allow newcomers to provide direct links, if you are a Tolkien fan (like I am) you may want to look this up on Barns & Nobel or Amazon. It may be on other sites too. My daughter and I are huge Tolkien fans so this may end up in our shopping cart.

There are similarly titled books.

If interested in the book you want to look for the book written by author Jeb Smith:

The Road Goes Ever On and On​

Pen name!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From the jacket cover reviews it sounds like it might be very interesting.

Tolkien was known as one of the most Catholic of writers as he wove Catholicism into his tales of middle earth. That being said, I wonder, are you a practicing Catholic? If not, what is your spin on his interweaving of Catholicism into his stories?

From the jacket cover reviews it sounds like it might be very interesting.

Tolkien was known as one of the most Catholic of writers as he wove Catholicism into his tales of middle earth. That being said, I wonder, are you a practicing Catholic? If not, what is your spin on his interweaving of Catholicism into his stories?

I am not, but I have studied Catholicism in depth, I was raised Catholic, and many of my friends, influencers, favorite authors, and family are devout Catholics, and I consulted works such as the CCC throughout. Also, as a Christian, I have an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and traditional Christianity.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am not, but I have studied Catholicism in depth, I was raised Catholic, and many of my friends, influencers, favorite authors, and family are devout Catholics, and I consulted works such as the CCC throughout. Also, as a Christian, I have an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and traditional Christianity.
Most Catholics have never even looked at a copy of the "Catechism of the Catholic Church." Honestly I have a copy, I have read lots of it, but I was looking for it last week and don't even know where I put my copy. I'll give you credit for even knowing it exists, bonus points for using it as a reference material.

Most Catholics have never even looked at a copy of the "Catechism of the Catholic Church." Honestly I have a copy, I have read lots of it, but I was looking for it last week and don't even know where I put my copy. I'll give you credit for even knowing it exists, bonus points for using it as a reference material.

Thanks, many other sources were used as well but rest assured, I handled Catholic belief and thought (more vitally Tolkien's) with care.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m actually very interested in this book. My daughter may be as well.

What inspired you to write it?

I’m actually very interested in this book. My daughter may be as well.

What inspired you to write it?
I am glad to hear it. I am trying to convince my children to read it!!!

I go into detail in my book, but to summarize quickly, my LOVE of both Tolkien and Middle-earth. Love or obsession, both are accurate.