• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Job opening in Portland Oregon: Assistant to the Robot

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, so it's really robot rescue. but still.

nosedown.jpg

chowderman

so, , , , you're expected to respond immediately, 24x7, provide your own tools?, use your own vehicle to travel xx miles, expending yy hours to/from the site of the "emergency call" . . . . for $30 a pop but not-to-worry,,, a whopping $25 per event after that.

I'm thinking they'll have a pretty short list of applicants....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
so, , , , you're expected to respond immediately, 24x7, provide your own tools?, use your own vehicle to travel xx miles, expending yy hours to/from the site of the "emergency call" . . . . for $30 a pop but not-to-worry,,, a whopping $25 per event after that.

I'm thinking they'll have a pretty short list of applicants....
What I see is, maybe, the first example of how humans will serve the Bot population in the future.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They have those things all over the Purdue University campus, I gather they deliver food, sort of like UberEats only without the human driver? I've never seen one disabled, but then again, Purdue's campus has wheelchair ramps at the intersections. Pretty fun to watch them negotiate their way across the intersections.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Three at Oregon State Univ have been eaten by Locomotives of the Western and Pacific RR. Last week all got sequestered as some student put in a bomb scare that one was carrying a charge.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
They have those things all over the Purdue University campus, I gather they deliver food, sort of like UberEats only without the human driver? I've never seen one disabled, but then again, Purdue's campus has wheelchair ramps at the intersections. Pretty fun to watch them negotiate their way across the intersections.
Was there with my son last month….took this picture. Reminded me of how a Roomba works….but with GPS.

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpeg
    IMG_2803.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 32

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was there with my son last month….took this picture. Reminded me of how a Roomba works….but with GPS.
Is he considering Purdue?

Heck of a good school for STEM majors (and some other programs)

I'm seriously impressed with the students. Very mature, focused, and most seem pretty driven, but still have the capacity for fun. I'm on campus (most weeks) on Sunday & Tuesday. After Thanksgiving I will also be there on Thursdays.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Is he considering Purdue?

Heck of a good school for STEM majors (and some other programs)

I'm seriously impressed with the students. Very mature, focused, and most seem pretty driven, but still have the capacity for fun. I'm on campus (most weeks) on Sunday & Tuesday. After Thanksgiving I will also be there on Thursdays.
He is…..they have a phenomenal business school on top of their STEM programs (he’s looking at Supply Chain Management). He took Calc in high school….not a fan lol. When he asked if it gets any easier in college (I’m an engineer by degree)….I explained “what you took is a taste of what knocks out 1/4 of the engineering students 1st year”. I didn’t even go into Organic Chem or Diff Eq. Business majors take Calc but a basic version vs. STEM majors. He really likes the school….stunning campus!