• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Guest coaching proposal from a National Fencing Team

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK so this is from the Nigerian National Fencing Team.

Be skeptical. But I may be soon be coaching the Nigerian Fencing Team.

But I actually helped train the captain of the Nigerian National Fencing Team, he has dual citizenship, USA/Nigeria. He has dual residence, lives in Chicago and in Lagos.

He and I are together frequently at tournaments, at my club, etc.

So despite the reputation of "Nigerian scammers" this might actually happen. Lots of parts of this puzzle to put together. Not the least of which is the fact than I will be wearing a surgical boot on my left foot until February of 2024. But other logistics to work out too. They have offered me free housing, free food. Working on the transportation costs.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I worked in Nigeria on a 28/28 day rotation for 2 years. I wouldn't go back there for any reason or any amount of money. As far as I'm concerned, it is the asshole of the world.

Please research it diligently, as I know you will, before making any commitment.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I worked in Nigeria on a 28/28 day rotation for 2 years. I wouldn't go back there for any reason or any amount of money. As far as I'm concerned, it is the asshole of the world.

Please research it diligently, as I know you will, before making any commitment.
If it were not for the actual personal connection with this fencer, and the fact I’d be staying in his family home in a private compound, I’d not consider this at all.