• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

No common sense in academia...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A 9-year-old boy North Carolina boy was suspended for calling a teacher “cute,”

Nine???????? he's just a baby!
What an embarrassment this must be for that school board now.
Idiots and shame on them!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Zero tolerance policies are great for these over educated idiots...they don't have to think, just go to "The Book," and put a punishment on an action. These are the same people who are supporting Barrack Hussein Obama as the messiah for the masses. I'll bet their union is damn proud of them.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just wished some day a town would come together and go down to this type of stuff and literally pick up the school board and remove them along with the superintended. They voted them in they should be able to remove them even if before their term.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, you probably can't even say beaver in school these days.

Lia

Banned
Zero tolerance policies are great for these over educated idiots...they don't have to think, just go to "The Book," and put a punishment on an action. These are the same people who are supporting Barrack Hussein Obama as the messiah for the masses. I'll bet their union is damn proud of them.

Unbelievable stupidity. And I agree, its the PC brigade who are so rigid and tunnel visioned. On the other hand they want to free criminals early on the grounds of compassion and 'humanitarian value'. It beggars belief.

I just wished some day a town would come together and go down to this type of stuff and literally pick up the school board and remove them along with the superintended. They voted them in they should be able to remove them even if before their term.

Absolutely! Kick their buutts into the middle of next week... they completely lack common sense, and shouldn't have the authority to run a Chicken farm, never mind be in charge of young lives and growing minds.

Enceladus

Site Supporter
And this is why the United States is falling behind many other nations in Sciences which we also contribute to our demise.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Unbelievable stupidity. And I agree, its the PC brigade who are so rigid and tunnel visioned. On the other hand they want to free criminals early on the grounds of compassion and 'humanitarian value'. It beggars belief.

Absolutely! Kick their butts into the middle of next week... they completely lack common sense, and shouldn't have the authority to run a Chicken farm, never mind be in charge of young lives and growing minds.

I agree. I'm ashamed to admit this happened in NC.

Bob

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
if my school had ever known what i thought about doing to miss jackson the gym teacher they would have thrown away the key:whistling:

as Jev so elegantly put it....fucking stupid.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry JEV, but it is a bit of a stretch calling our public school system and the NEA academia. I have other names. :doh:

loboloco

Update:

North Carolina Principal Resigns For Suspending Student Who Called Teacher ‘Cute’

December 7, 2011 10:03 AM

Share this 182
267 comments
110565798.jpg
File photo of children at elementary school. (credit: Rick Diamond/Getty Images)

Filed under

News
Related tags

Brookside Elementary School, Emanyea Lockett, Gaston County, Jerry Bostic, sexual harassment

GASTONIA, N.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The principal of a Gaston County school where a 9-year-old boy was suspended for sexual harassment submitted his resignation Tuesday, saying he wasn’t given a chance to apologize.
Jerry Bostic told The Gaston Gazette he could understand being written up for the suspension and having someone follow up during the school year, but he added that he was disappointed because this is how his 44 years in education ended.
“To me it’s a really sad final note to a career that I have found very satisfying and enjoy working with kids,” Bostic said. “I really don’t believe I was treated fairly.”
School officials offered an apology to Emanyea Lockett and his mother, Chiquita Lockett, after the boy was accused of calling a teacher “cute.” A statement from the system said it was determined that the fourth grader at Brookside Elementary School didn’t engage in sexual harassment. The school system said the suspension won’t count against the student, and there will be additional instructional assistance provided to the student for the classroom time missed.
“This is something that everyone needed to see, just to see what’s happening within our school systems,” Lockett told WSOC-TV.
Gaston County Schools Superintendent Reeves McGlohon would only say that Bostic submitted his resignation. McGlohon had no further comment.
“He (McGlohon) told me he had made the decision he was going to terminate me or drop me into an assistant principal position,” Bostic said. “I admit I made some errors in what I did, but to fire me or to demote me with 44 years in it, it just doesn’t make sense. To me he was a very heartless man, and he did it because of politics.”

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Little perverts start earlier every year.:whistling: Had he done something in a sexual way or made a crude remark it might be justified. Cute is a term of endearment. Not at all like the remarks we made to sweet young teachers when we were in school. That was at a much older age though.:yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now the teacher / principle thinks she was treated unfairly??? She still don't get it. :pat: What a bimbo. And she had been in the school system for 44 years. I say good riddance.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
All this principle's 44 years of service that she claims is the reason he should not be gone proves is that the resignation comes 43 years late.